This recipe is for a tender, delicious and flavorful Honey & Balsamic Marinated. This is a really easy recipe that is made with a few key ingredients and ready to serve in about 20 minutes (not counting the marinating time). Make this dish for a delicious weekday meal, cozy weekend dinner or include it in a buffet or sharing dinner. This recipe is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Tender honey and balsamic marinated chicken fillet served with a fresh and creamy burrata, a little peppery arugula, fresh cherry tomatoes and thick balsamic vinegar. Combining sharp tasting balsamic vinegar that have a tangy and sweet taste with creamy and sweet honey is absolutely delicious. It makes a wonderful combination and provides a balance of sweet, tangy, sharp, soft and creamy. Making a marinade with these two ingredients as a base is divine and pairs well with both chicken, meat, fish and prawns. This marinade is very easy, only including a few ingredients such as garlic, olive oil and black pepper. You can also add chili flakes to make it more spicy if preferred. The chicken is quickly fried in the pan to get a nice and blackened surface, then baked on low heat in the over to make sure it turns out really tender. Since the chicken has a lot of flavor and intense taste it is served with a creamy and fresh burrata that makes a wonderful contrast to the flavorful chicken, fresh cherry tomatoes, peppery arugula and thick balsamic vinegar.
A few tips:
- Use good quality chicken fillets.
- The same goes for the burrata. Use a good quality burrata that is ready creamy and fresh. Do not buy the cheaper once that are less flavorful and creamy.
- Chili flakes for the marinade is optional, add them if you want a little more spicy marinade and dish.
- Make sure the marinade covers all parts of the chicken.
- Marinade the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better. You can even put it in the marinade the day before.
- The frying pan should be really warm on medium/high heat before you add the chicken. This to prevent the chicken from cooking in the marinade. You want to get a blackened and nice surface.
- Bake the chicken on 150 degrees in the oven. I always bake my chicken on lower heat than most other recipes. This way it is easier to make sure the chicken doesn’t get dry or over baked. It always turns out so tender and mouth melting when I bake it on low heat. It of course takes a few more minutes but is totally worth it.
Ingredients for this Honey & Balsamic Marinated Chicken with Burrata:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Chicken breast fillets
- Cherry tomatoes
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Soy & Honey Marinated Chicken Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spiced Chicken with Plums (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cajun Spiced Chicken with Rhubarb & Peach Salsa (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Chicken Skewers with Watermelon & Feta Cheese (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Chicken With Grilled Heirloom Tomatoes & Peach (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Lemon & Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers with Hummus (Gluten Free)
- Spicy Chicken Tacos (Gluten Free)
- Cod with Asparagus & Balsamic Roasted Fruits & Berries (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Refined Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Scallops Italian Style (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Honey & Balsamic Marinated Chicken with Burrata (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Chili flakes, to taste (optional)
- 2 Chicken breast fillets
- 2 Burrata
- 10 Mixed cherry tomatoes
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Olive oil, to fry
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Taste to check the seasoning.
- Add the chicken fillets to a plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Close the bag, massage and turn the chicken fillets to make sure all parts are covered with the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but preferably over night.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- When the pan is really hot add the chicken to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the chicken starts to get browned/blackened.
- Place in an oven safe baking pan and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken fillets are. The inner temperature should be 70-72 degrees C.
- Meanwhile place arugula on two plates, top add the burrata and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- When the chicken is ready take it out from the oven, let it rest for 2-3 minutes in the pan.
- Slice the chicken, place on the plates, top with thick balsamic vinegar and black pepper.