This is a wonderful, tender, delicious and tasty Chicken Tomato Bruschetta recipe that is both quick and easy to make. You only need a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes to prepare it, the rest is taken care of by the stove and oven. Make this chicken tomato bruschetta for a delicious weeknight meal, cozy weekend dinner, when having people over or include it in a buffet. This dish is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Bruschetta is without a doubt one of the most iconic and delicious Italian antipasti (appetizer/starter). The base is made with grilled bread that has been rubbed with garlic, olive oil and salt. It is then topped with all different sort of toppings, like cured meat, whipped ricotta, salami or maybe the most common one outside of Italy; tomatoes and basil. Even though I love all different types of bruschetta, the tomato version actually is quite unbeatable during summer! It’s tasty, flavorful yet light at the same time and one of my favorite ways of using ripe, sweet and juicy tomatoes. This dish is a lovely chicken dish combining tender, juicy chicken, melted creamy mozzarella and tasty, fresh and delicious tomato basil bruschetta topping and some thick balsamic vinegar on top. Now how lovely does that sound? This is a lovely dish that is both easy and quick to make, only including a few easy ingredients and a perfect ways of making the most out of those lovely summer tomatoes. This dish is great to make both for a quick, easy and tasty weekday meal, delicious weekend dinner, to serve when you have people over or to include in a buffet. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I prefer to use less olive oil for both the marinade and bruschetta topping since I like it a little less oily. You can add a bit more olive oil if you want to. For me it is already tasty, flavorful and delicious enough without the too much oil.
- Marinade the chicken for at least 20 minutes, but preferably up to 4-5 hours, to make sure the chicken absorbs all the flavors from the marinade.
- I like to prepare the bruschetta topping just before preparing the chicken. This way it has the time to sit for a bit, allowing all flavors to combine.
- I made the chicken both frying it in a pan and oven baking it. I prefer it this way since it turns out more tender and juicy, not risking it from getting too dry.
- I also like to bake the chicken on a little lower temperature in the oven, because I think it turns out better. But yes, it takes a few more minutes. You can also bake it on 175 degrees if you want to, but make sure not to over cook it.
- Add the mozzarella when about 2-3 minutes remain for the chicken to be ready, so it has time to melt.
Ingredients for this Chicken Tomato Bruschetta:
- Chicken breast fillet
- Olive oil
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Mixed cherry tomatoes
- REd onion
- Garlic (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Honey & Balsamic Marinated Chicken with Burrata (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Soy & Honey Marinated Chicken Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Ajvar Seasoned Chicken Bowl (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cajun Spiced Chicken with Rhubarb & Peach Salsa (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Chicken Skewers with Watermelon & Feta Cheese (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Chicken with Grilled Heirloom Tomatoes & Peach (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Lemon & Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers with Hummus (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Cod with Asparagus & Balsamic Roasted Fruits & Berries (Gluten, Grain, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
- Scallops Italian Style (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Chicken Tomato Bruschetta (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the chicken
- 2 Chicken breast fillets
- 1/2-1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Dried basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese (or more if preferred)
For the bruschetta topping
- 8-10 Mixed cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/2-1 tsp Olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 small Red onion minced
- 1 Garlic clove (optional, I did not use it) minced
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp Fresh basil thinly sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Thick balsamic vinegar, to top (optional)
- Combine the ingredients for the chicken in a bowl except for the chicken breast and mozzarella.
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag or bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and stir to combine, making sure all parts of the chicken is covered with the marinade. Place in the fridge and let it marinade for at least 20 minutes, but preferably up to 4-5 hours.
- Combine the ingredients for the bruschetta topping except for the thick balsamic vinegar. Taste to check seasoning. Place in the fridge and let it marinade for about 20 minutes while you start to prepare the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a grill pan/ pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- When the pan is hot fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Place in an oven safe baking dish and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until it reaches an inner temperature of 70-72 degrees Celsius. I like to take it out when 70, just about to reach 71 since it will continue cooking for a few minutes after you removed it from the oven. When about 2-3 minutes of the baking time remain add slices of mozzarella on top of the chicken and bake until the chicken is done and mozzarella has melted.
- Place the chicken on plates, top with the bruschetta topping and thick balsamic vinegar.