This recipes is for a tender, fresh and super delicious Chicken Skewers with Watermelon & Feta Cheese. This chicken dish is really easy to make, comes together in only 20 minutes and is perfect to serve for a refreshing, tasty and healthy summer meal. Serve it for lunch, dinner or include it in a sharing dinner. This dish is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
This is the perfect summer dish for hot summer evenings! It only includes a few ingredients, its fresh, its rehydrating and its delicious. I love paring watermelon with feta cheese, its such a good combination. Add a few chicken skewers on top and serve with a delicious avocado dressing and you have the perfect healthy and tasty meal. You can make the chicken both in the oven or on the grill. If you want to have it even more filling you can serve it with some regular potatoes or sweet potatoes, but it great even without.
Make sure to keep an eye on the chicken! Just as a tasty and delicious chicken that melts in your mouth is one of the best things there is, a dry and tasteless chicken is the worst thing you can serve. I’d rather take it off the grill a few minutes too early, and if it’s still a bit pink inside I just put it in some aluminium foil and let it rest for 2-3 minutes until it reaches the right temperature.
Ingredients for the Chicken Skewers with Watermelon & Feta Cheese:
- Chicken fillet
- Feta cheese
- Green leafs
- Plain yoghurt
Other recipes you might like:
- Lemon & Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers with Hummus (Gluten Free)
- Chicken with Grilled Heirloom Tomatoes & Peach (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cajun Spiced Chicken with Rhubarb Salsa (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Spiced Chicken with Plums
Chicken Skewers with Watermelon & Cream Cheese
- 2 Chicken fillets cut into equally sized pieces
- 1/2 small Watermelon diced
- 1/2 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 100 g Green leafs
- 1 Avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp Plain yoghurt
- 1/2-1 Lime zested
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Lemon (optional) juiced
- 1-2 drops Tabasco (optional)
- 1+1 bunch Cilantro (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Put the skewers in water to get wet for a few minutes.
- Heat up the grill.
- Put the diced chicken on the skewers and put on the grill for 12-17 minutes until done (make sure they dont get too dry).
- Meanwhile put the green leafs, watermelon and crumbled feta cheese on a plate.
- Mix avocado, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper, cilantro and tabasco with a hand mixer or in a food processor until smooth.
- Taste and see if more seasoning is needed.
- When skewers are done put on the salad and top with cilantro.
- Serve with acocado dressing.