This is the perfect summer dish for hot summer evenings! It only includes a few ingredients, its fresh, its rehydrating and its delicious. I love paring watermelon with feta cheese, its such a good combination. Add a few chicken skewers on top and serve with a delicious avocado dressing and you have the perfect healthy and tasty meal.
Make sure to keep an eye on the chicken! Just as a tasty and delicious chicken that melts in your mouth is one of the best things there is, a dry and tasteless chicken is the worst thing you can serve. I’d rather take it off the grill a few minutes too easy, and if its still a bit pink inside I just put it in some aluminium foil and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
Ingredients for the Chicken Skewers with Watermelon & Feta Cheese:
- Chicken fillet
- Feta cheese
- Green leafs
- Plain yoghurt
Chicken Skewers with Watermelon & Cream Cheese
- 2 Chicken fillets cut into equally sized pieces
- 1/2 small Watermelon diced
- 1/2 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 100 g Green leafs
- 1 Avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp Plain yoghurt
- 1/2-1 Lime zested
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Lemon (optional) juiced
- 1-2 drops Tabasco (optional)
- 1+1 bunch Cilantro (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Put the skewers in water to get wet for a few minutes.
- Heat up the grill.
- Put the diced chicken on the skewers and put on the grill for 12-17 minutes until done (make sure they dont get too dry).
- Meanwhile put the green leafs, watermelon and crumbled feta cheese on a plate.
- Mix avocado, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper, cilantro and tabasco with a hand mixer or in a food processor until smooth.
- Taste and see if more seasoning is needed.
- When skewers are done put on the salad and top with cilantro.
- Serve with acocado dressing.