This is a wonderful and delicious salad with a great mix of taste, textures and colors. It is both quick and easy to make, using a fresh, healthy and delicious ingredients. This salad is perfect to serve for lunch, as a side or main dish or top it off with some shrimps, chicken or tofu. This salad is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Are you a salad lover just as I am? I will never ever get tired of them! They’re so easy to make, an easy way of including seasonal vegetables and fruits, a great way to make use of left overs when making a fridge clean out or to just throw in exactly what your craving. I also love varying raw salads only using fresh raw vegetables and ingredients with salads made with a mix of cooked/fried/baked ingredients and raw once, depending on what Im in the mood for. There are endless variations, options and alternatives, so you never have to get tired of them. This salad is a fresh, light and flavorful salad with mediterranean influences. It is a salad that has a wonderful mix of tastes, textures and colors which makes it both wonderful to look at and delicious to indulge in. You get a mix of warm baked sweet potatoes that have a slightly crunchy outside and a creamy inside, fresh raw and juicy lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion and slightly more intense flavors coming from the olives and artichoke. To top it off you have crumbled creamy feta cheese that add a nice salty and creamy taste and texture and a fresh yogurt tahini dressing.
A few tips:
- Bake the sweet potatoes on 200 degrees. That will give them a crunchy outside and a creamy tender inside. If baking them on lower heat they will become more dry on the inside which is not preferred in the salad.
- I used a tomato & herb seasoning for the sweet potatoes. If you don’t have a similar seasoning at home you can just use a mix of different dry herbs you have at home. Basil, oregano, parsley for example.
- I used mixed olives to make the salad. You can use any olives that you like or prefer.
- Buy sweet and juicy tomatoes, try to avoid buying the cheaper bland and tasteless once.
- Use a good quality feta cheese that is creamy and flavorful. Do not buy the cheaper once that are more crumbly and dry.
- The amount of tahini in the yogurt tahini sauce can be varied depending on how strong tahini flavor you prefer.
- You can also add grated garlic to the yogurt tahini sauce if you like garlic. I did not use it since raw garlic is not my favorite taste.
Ingredients for this Mediterranean Sweet Potato Salad:
- Sweet potato
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Artichoke hearts
- Feta cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Tomato & Herb seasoning
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Soy & Honey Marinated Chicken Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Prawn & Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato & Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Shaved Brussels sprout & Kale Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Antioxidant Quinoa Salad (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Warm Kale Salad (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Halloumi Salad Bowl (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Mediterranean Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 medium Sweet potato cut into dices
- 4-5 Lettuce leaves washed
- A hand full of Arugula
- 1/2 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cucumber cut in half moons
- 6 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 8-10 Mixed olives
- 1-2 Artichoke hearts cut in half
- 1/2 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 dl Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2-3/4 tbsp Tahini
- Sea salt, to taste
- Tomato and Herb spice
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or put you air fryer on 200 degrees and set it to 10 minutes.
- Combine diced sweet potatoes, tomato and herb seasoning with just a little olive oil.
- Place in an oven safe baking pan and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or in the air fryer for about 10 minutes. Check to see if the potatoes are done.
- Meanwhile combine greek yogurt with lemon juice and tahini. Season with sea salt to taste. You can also add some grated garlic if preferred.
- Assembly the salad by putting lettuce leaves at the bottom of a plate or bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes, all the vegetables, olives, artichokes and arugula. Top with crumbled feta cheese and tahini yogurt dressing.