This recipe is for a fresh, easy, quick and delicious Italian Style Crumbled Tofu Salad. This salad is made with just a few easy ingredients and ready to serve in 5-10 minutes. This salad is great to make for lunch, serve as a starter, main course or side dish. It is Both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
For me tofu is not closely accosted with Italian flavors to be honest.. but then I thought “why not make something Italian inspired with it”. I don’t use tofu very often, but I always have a block at home, because it’s a great meat substitute and you can make so many different things with it. I wanted a really quick and easy dish that still was filling, tasty and flavorful and that could be served both warm and cold… which ended up in this really easy and delicious Italian Style Crumbled Tofu Salad! This salad is made with just a few easy ingredients, it is easy to vary and adjust and ready to serve in 5-10 minutes. The crumbled tofu is seasoned with pesto (you can use any pesto you like or have at home, in that way it is also easy to turn this dish vegan), a little bit of lemon juice, fresh parsley and basil and sun dried tomatoes, then combined with cherry tomatoes and served with mixed green leaves and chopped hazelnuts on top. You can also choose to quickly fry the tofu in a pan and serve it warm. This dish is really perfect to make for a quick and flavorful lunch, serve it as a main course or side dish.
A few tips:
- Use firm tofu when making this dish.
- You can use any pesto that you like or prefer.
- Use good quality cherry tomatoes that are juicy, sweet and flavorful. Don’t use the bland and tasteless once.
- The amount of pesto and sun dried tomatoes can be adjusted according to taste.
- I used fresh parsley and basil in my recipe, but you can use any herbs that you like or have at home.
- The tofu mixture can be served both warm and cold.
Ingredients for Italian Style Crumbled Tofu Salad:
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Mixed green leaves
- Mixed cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Grilled Halloumi & Sugar Snap Skewers (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Grilled Mini Aubergines with Herb Gremolata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cabbage with Scallion Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Harissa & Honey Roasted Eggplant with Hummus (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Smashed Potatoes with Pesto & Two Cheeses (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Mediterranean Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Eggplant with Baked Tomatoes & Tomato Ajvar Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Creamy Cauliflower Purée with White Asparagus (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cauliflower Steak with Warm Tomatoes (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Savory Oat Waffles Italian Style with Burrata & Cherry Tomatoes (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Burrata with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Eggplants/Aubergine with Lentils & Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Grilled Aubergine & Zucchini with Hazelnut Pesto & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Italian Style Crumbled Tofu Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 block Tofu crumbled
- 2 tsp Pesto
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh basil chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 50-75 g Mixed green leaves
- 10-12 Mixed cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 6-8 Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Crumble the tofu in a bowl. Combine it with pesto, lemon juice, chopped parsley, basil and sun dried tomatoes. Stir in the cherry tomatoes. Season with sea salt and black pepper according to taste. Taste to check if more pesto, lemon juice or herbs is needed.
- Place mixed green leaves at the bottom om two plates. Divide the tofu mixture between the bowls and top with chopped hazelnuts.