This recipe is for a lovely, easy and quick Fruit Salad with Warm Syrup. This fruit salad come together in just a few minutes, is easy to adjust and vary and really easy to make. Serve this fruit salad for breakfast, as a sweet part of brunch, afternoon snack/treat or dessert. It is both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
Fruit salads made with seasonal fruits is always a easy, good and quick way of incorporating both vitamins and antioxidants while at the same time eating something delicious. Fruit salad might sound boring to some.. but there are many ways of pimping them up, making them more fun and inventive. This fruit salad with warm syrup is a great example. You have a mix of summer fruits with different colors, textures and tastes which makes it delicious and not at all boring. You also have hazelnuts to add a nutty and crunchy taste and texture and some fresh mint on top. But the best thing about this fruit salad is that it is served with a delicious, light and delicate warm syrup that is made with only three main ingredients and ready in five minutes. The warm syrup makes a lovely and warming contrast to the fresh and juicy fruits with it’s gentle sweet and tangy flavor. This fruit salad can easily be adapted according to taste and season. The syrup goes well with all fruits hence can be made all year round.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use seasonal fruits that are sweet, juicy and fresh. Otherwise the fruit salad might end up not tasting too much at all. There is noting more delicious than sweet juicy seasonal fruits and at the same time nothing worse than fruits that are out of season that doesn’t taste anything at all.
- The amount of fiber syrup/water/lemon juice can be adapted according to how you prefer your syrup. Do you want it sweeter, thicker, thinner or more sourish? Taste it when it’s warm and adjust the taste if needed.
- This fruit salad can ber served both for breakfast, as the sweet part of brunch, afternoon snack/treat or dessert.
- Serve it with some greek yogurt, cottage cheese for breakfast or afternoon snack.
- Serve it with some ice cream, whipped cream or whipped cream cheese for dessert.
Ingredients for this Fruit Salad with Warm Syrup:
- Fiber syrup (or agave/honey)
- Fresh mint
Other recipes you might like:
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese with Summer Fruits (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles (Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Parfait with Cherries & Chocolate Waffles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Roasted Rhubarb Soup (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Pink Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cardamom Poached Pears with Yogurt Granola (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Porridge Stuffed Baked Apples (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Baked Pears with Warm Syrup Sauce (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Roasted Figs with Greek Yogurt (Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free)
- Summer Fruits with Yogurt (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Mango, Peach & Kiwi Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Strawberry & Mascarpone Dessert with Elderflower (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
Fruit Salad with Warm Syrup (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
For the syrup
- 2 tbsp Fiber syrup (or honey/agave)
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Lemon zest, to taste (optional)
For the fruit salad
- 1 dl Watermelon diced and deseeded
- 1/2 Mango peeled and diced
- 5-6 Strawberries cut in half
- 6-8 Cherries pitted and cut in half
- 6-8 Blueberries
- 5-6 Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Add fiber syrup, water, lemon juice and zest to a small pot and let it get warm on low heat. Stir regularly. Taste to check if more fiber syrup, water or lemon juice is needed depending on how you prefer your syrup.
- Meanwhile peel, deseed and cut all the fruits and place in a deep bowl.
- Pour the warm syrup into a small bowl.
- Drizzle the syrup over the fruit salad, top with hazelnuts and mint.