This is a tasty, fresh, light and flavorful Roasted Tomato & Bell Pepper Soup that can be served both warm and cold. This soup is really easy to make, almost requiring no effort from your end. You just need a few staple ingredients and about five minutes to prepare it (the rest is taken care of by the oven). Serve this soup warm or cold, as a starter, for lunch or dinner. It is both vegan, gluten and grain free.
Nothing better than a delicious soup! Especially a soup that can be served both warm and cold. This is a lovely, creamy, light yet flavorful soup that almost require not effort from your end. Most of the vegetables are roasted in the oven until tender and golden brown, then mixed using a high speed blender. This soup is great to make both in warm and cold weather since you can choose to heat it or have it cold and very refreshing. I just topped my soup with crispy cucumber, sunflower sprouts and sunflower seeds. You can also top it with your favorite bread on the side, cheese like feta, mozzarella or pecorino, with fresh basil, diced tomatoes, drizzle some Creme fraiche over it just to mention a few.
A few tips:
- Use sweet and juicy tomatoes when making this soup and not bland and tasteless once. Good quality tomatoes add both sweet, rich and fresh taste to the soup. If using bland tomatoes the soup will taste less.
- Roast the tomatoes, red bell pepper and garlic until tender, golden brown and soft. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- The amount of chili can be adjusted according to taste depending on how spicy you prefer your soup.
- Preferably use a high speed blender when mixing the soup to make sure you don’t get any large chunk left. You can also use an electric hand mixer.
- This soup can be served both warm and cold.
Ingredients for this Roasted Tomato & Bell Pepper Soup:
- Red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Yellow onion
- Red chili
- Black pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Sunflower sprouts
- Sunflower seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Avocado Soup with Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Chilled Galia Melon Soup (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cauliflower Broccoli Soup (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Soup (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Japanese Ginger & Lemongrass Soup with Soba Noodles (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Fish & Seafood Soup (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Cauliflower, Potato & Leek Soup (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- White Asparagus Soup with Scallops (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Tomato & Bell Pepper Soup (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
For the soup
- 500 g Tomatoes cut in half
- 2 Red bell peppers cored and cut in half
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- A drizzle of Olive oil
- A pinch of Sea salt
- 1 small Yellow onion cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2-1 Red chili sliced (cored if preferred less spicy)
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1-2 dl Water, depending on how thick you prefer your soup (optional)
For the topping
- 1/4 Cucumber diced
- Sunflower sprouts
- 4 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the tomatoes, bell pepper and garlic cloves in an oven safe baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take the baked vegetables out from the oven and add to a high speed blender along with yellow onion, red chili, black pepper, sea salt, red wine vinegar and water (if using). Mix until smooth/half smooth (depending on how you prefer it). Taste to check the seasoning.
- Serve warm or cold topped with cucumber, sunflower sprouts and pumpkin seeds.