This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious chocolate mousse. It’s made using ripe avocados, cacao powder and stevia sweetener and is both vegan and sugar free. It’s perfect to serve either as breakfast, snack or dessert, since it’s made using only healthy ingredients.
How many times have you bought an avocado and when you want to use it its overripe and you just want to throw it away? I have, too many times! But there are so many things you can make using overripe avocados. This Healthy Chocolate Mousse for example. It comes together in only five minutes and only require a few ingredients. It The perfect way of using a browning avocado and making sure it doesn’t go to waste.
The ripe avocado brings such a wonderful creaminess to the mousse, making it perfectly silk like. I like to make my chocolate mousse quite rich on chocolate and less sweet. But both the sweetness and chocolate can be adapted according to taste. Just make sure not to add too much milk in the beginning. Start using just 1-2 tablespoons, and then adding more if needed. Since it’s fall and I love to serve this chocolate mousse with fresh figs and some sea salt. But it can be served any fruit of your choice. I really recommend you to try adding sea salt on top. It provides a nice contrast to the sweetness and creaminess from the chocolate mousse. If you want to spice it up even an extra notch you can add in some melted chocolate chips, but you might need to use a little less cacao powder in that case.
Ingredients for this Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Liquid sweetener
- Plant based milk
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yoghurt & Nuts
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- 2 ripe Avocados pitted and peeled
- 1/2-2/3 cup Cacao powder (depending on how rich chocolate flavor you prefer)
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 3-5 tbsp Plant based milk (depending on how thick you prefer it and how ripe your avocados are)
- 1/4 cup Fiber syrup, or any other liquid sweetener (or more depending on how sweet you prefer it)
- Sea salt, to top (optional, but recommended)
- 2 Figs cut into wedges
- Combine the five first ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth. The amount of milk needed will depend on how much cacao powder and liquid sweetener you are using, and how thick you prefer your mousse.
- Taste the mixture to check if you need to add more of any of the ingredients.
- Divided between plates, top with sea salt and sliced figs.