This is a really quick, easy, healthy and delicious healthy chocolate mousse. It only includes five main ingredients and takes five minutes to make. Serve this chocolate mousse for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or dessert. It is both vegan, gluten, grain, sugar free and low carb!
How many times have you bought an avocado and when you want to use it its overripe and you just want to throw it away? I have, too many times! But there are so many things you can make using overripe avocados. This Healthy Chocolate Mousse for example. It’s a really simple, quick and delicious way of making use of overripe avocado that turns it into a rich, tasty, flavorful yet healthy chocolate mousse. The ripe avocado add a lovely creaminess to the mousse, making it perfectly silk like. The cacao powder makes it rich and decadent with a hint of bitterness. The vanilla adds a warm and comforting taste to it and the liquid sweetener makes is just as sweet as you like. To get just the texture you like on your chocolate mousse plant based milk is added to thin it out as much as required. I personally prefer this mousse less sweet and more rich in cacao flavor. If you want to pimp it up a bit you can also stir in come melted chocolate chips. Top this chocolate mousse with strawberries, raspberries as I did or with figs, whipped cream, ice cream, cherries or chopped nuts just to mention a few examples. This mousse it both vegan, gluten, grain, sugar free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use ripe avocados to make sure the mousse turns out silk smooth. This is really a great way of using avocados that has started to turn brown that you otherwise might throw away.
- The amount of cacao powder and liquid sweetener can be adapted according to taste.
- Depending on how ripe your avocado is and how much cacao and liquid sweetener you’re using the amount of milk will vary. How much milk you need will also depend on how thick/thin you prefer your chocolate mousse.
Ingredients for this Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Liquid sweetener
- Plant based milk
- Strawberries (optional)
- Raspberries (optional)
- Coconut chips (optional)
- Salted almonds (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Four Ingredients Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Avocado No Churn Ice Cream (Vegan, Gluten, Nut, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownie (Gluten, Grain,D airy, Sugar, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartelette (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yoghurt & Nuts
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Oat Cake (Vegan, Gluten, Oil, Nut & Sugar Free)
Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- 2 ripe Avocados pitted and peeled
- 1 – 1 1/2 dl Unsweetened cacao powder (depending on how rich chocolate flavor you prefer)
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 3-5 tbsp Plant based milk (depending on how thick you prefer it and how ripe your avocados are)
- 3-5 tbsp Fiber syrup, or any other liquid sweetener (or more depending on how sweet you prefer it)
- Sea salt, to top (optional, but recommended)
- 8-10 Stawberries (optioinal) sliced
- 8-10 Raspberries (optional)
- 4 tbsp Coconut chips (optional)
- 10-12 Salted roasted almonds (optional) roughly chopped
- Combine the five first ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth. The amount of milk needed will depend on how much cacao powder and liquid sweetener you are using, and how thick you prefer your mousse.
- Taste the mixture to check if you need to add more of any of the ingredients.
- Divided between plates, top with fruits, coconut chips and almonds or any other topping of your choice.