This is an easy, delicious and healthy dish that can be served either for breakfast, an afternoon treat or dessert. It’s easy to make, has a lot of wintery flavors and is filled with healthy ingredients. The combination of the warm, tender and sweet persimmon, with the tangy yogurt and the crunchy nuts it amazing. I really love mixing warm and cold ingredients, they make such a nice contrast to a dish.
Have you ever tried persimmon? It’s has a sweet and silk like texture when ripe. I would say it has the same texture as a ripe mango, but the taste is more like a pear and honey. But it still isn’t too sweet for my taste. When eating persimmon make sure you eat a good ripe one. Just as delicious as a ripe persimmon is, a unripe persimmon is nothing you want to indulge in. I like to keep the skin on when baking and eating my persimmon, just because it gives it a nice contrast to the very soft and ripe inside. But if you prefer it without, just peal it before baking. I also prefer roasting my persimmon without olive or coconut oil. Just the taste I prefer. But if you prefer it olive or coconut roasted then just coat it before you put it in the oven.
Ingrediens for this Roasted Persimmon with Yoghurt & Nuts:
- Vegan or greek yogurt
- Mixed nuts (I used hazelnuts and pecan nuts)
- Granola (optional)
- Liquid sweetener
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate & Tahini Granola Breakfast Bowl with Baked Cherries
- Yogurt with Home Made Plum Compote
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Roasted Persimmon with Yogurt & Nuts
- 2 Persimmon washed
- 6-8 tbsp Vegan or greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp Mixed nuts (I used hazelnuts & pecan nuts) roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Granola (optional)
- Cinnamon, to top
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the persimmon fruits, cut them in half and put in an oven safe dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden and soft inside. (Check with a toothpick).
- Place yoghurt on two plates.
- Add persimmon, top with nuts, granola (if using), cinnamon and liquid sweetener.