These Easy Five Ingredients Bagels are easy to make, only require five ingredients (duuuuh, the title just said) and are ready in only 20 minutes. No Buzz No Fuzz. And they’re equally delicious as any other bagel. As always they’re gluten free!
Ok, I have these mixed feelings about bagels. If they’re good then they’re GOOOOOOOD! And if they’re bad, then they’re really nothing to eat. Im very particular when comes to bread. It really has to be something special for me to eat it. Otherwise I don’t care too much about it, I could really do very well without. Both my mom and my boyfriend really likes bread, and loves bagels. So I had to give it a shot and make an easy and gluten free version. And I have to say they turned out sooo good. My mom (which is a hard woman to please) said these bagels were one of the best she has ever eaten (and no, she is not just being kind). I have to say, the Greek yogurt makes them very soft, juicy and everything but boring! The best thing about them? Yeah, they only take 20 minutes to make! Mix the ingredients in a bowl and bake for 15 minutes and you have yourself some amazingly delicious bagels.
Ingredients for these Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free):
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Greek yogurt
- Baking powder
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Poppy seeds (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan & Gluten Free, Can Be made Paleo)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Five Seed Crackers (Vegan, Gluten, Flour & Oil Free)
Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
- 3 dl All purpose gluten free flour + some more for rolling
- 2 1/2 dl Greek yogurt (thick)
- 1 Egg whisked
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Sesame seeds, to top
- Poppy seeds, to top
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add whisked egg and yogurt to the bowl and mix until a dough forms. It will still be a bit sticky.
- Add flour to a plain surface and kneed the dough, add more flour if needed.
- Form the dough into a round circle and divide into four pieces.
- Take one piece at a time and roll into a long roll and then form a circle.
- Repeat with the remaning pieces.
- Put the bagel on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Brush with whisked egg and top with seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean).