This recipe is for a delicious, moist and healthy black bean bread with seeds. This bread is really easy and simple to make and only requires 10 minutes of your time. This bread is perfect to eat for breakfast, lunch, brunch or to have for an afternoon snack. It is both gluten, egg and oil free.
I love baking my own bread! It’s easy, you can add in whatever you feel like and it’s more wallet friendly than buying bread at the store. Especially for me since I don’t eat gluten. I find most gluten free options at the store really boring, expensive and quite dry. So I definitely prefer to bake my own! Using beans has really become a favorite of my, both when baking sweet and savory goods. It makes the baked goods so moist, tender and juicy. It’s such a great alternative to use when you want to bake something healthy, using less fat, but also to make it more nutritious. And trust me, you won’t feel the bean taste at all! This black bean bread is made with oat and sorghum flour and filmjölk (a Swedish kind of butter milk). The filmjölk can be replaced by butter milk or a plain yogurt, just make sure not to use a too thick one. I also added sunflower and flax seeds to make it more filling and to add some more texture to the bread. This bread is really great to eat for breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack. It is both gluten, egg and oil free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to mix the beans well. There should almost be no lumps or pieces left. This might take a few minutes.
- I used apple sauce to add some sweetness and also to make it more moist. You can replace the apple sauce with some olive oil if preferred.
- I used flax and sunflower seeds when making this bread, but you can choose any seeds or nuts you like and prefer.
- The baking time may way depending on your oven and the thickness of your filmjölk/yoghurt. To check if it’s ready use a tooth pick if it comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting it, otherwise it might bread or crumble.
- This bread is good to store in a air tight bag or container for 5-6 days.
- You can also cut the bread and put it in the freezer.
Ingredients for this Black Bean Bread with Seeds:
- Black beans
- Apple sauce
- Fiber syrup or agave
- Oat flour
- Sorghum flour
- Filmjölk or plain yogurt
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Psyllium husk
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
- Julvört – Swedish Worth Bread (Gluten Free)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread (Gluten Free)
- Nut & Fruit Bread (Gluten, Oil & Egg Free)
Black Bean Bread with Seeds (Gluten, Egg & Oil Free)
- 1 (230 g) can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1 tbsp Agave or fiber syrup
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1 1/2 dl Sorghum flour
- 3 dl Filmjölk (can be replaced by butter milk or plain yogurt)
- 1/2 dl Flax seeds
- 1/2 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Add the drained beans to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Add the apple sauce, fiber syrup, filmjölk (or yogurt) and mix again.
- In a seperate bowl combine oat flour, sorghum flour, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, psyllium husk, baking soda, baking power and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes to let the psyllium husk swell.
- Add the batter to the lined bread pan and bake in the middle of the oven for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out the bread from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting it.