This recipe is for delicious, delicate and tasty Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon. These cute and delicious appetizers only take about 10-15 minutes to prepare and are made with four main ingredients. Serve them as appetizers or finger foods or include them in a buffet. They are both gluten and grain free.
Since I don’t eat gluten my favorite substitute for crostini is making sweet potato crostini. But to be honest, I would choose the sweet potato version even if I ate gluten to be honest. These sweet potato crostini are easy and quick to make and only include four main ingredients. You only need to slice the sweet potato and bake it in the oven for 10-12 minutes. I actually prefer to make my slices a little thicker, to get creamy and soft “crostini” instead of crunchy. But you can also slice the sweet potatoes into thinner slices and making them more “chips” like. These cute sweet potato bites are topped with creamy and fresh cream cheese, flaky and delicate yet smoky hot smoked salmon and crunchy thinly sliced zucchini. The the perfect taste combination if you ask me – sweet meets smoky meets creamy meets flaky with a lovely crunchy and fresh addition from the zucchini. These sweet potato crostini look really fancy, but they come together in only a few minutes, and will be appreciated by everyone!
A few tips:
- Make sure to slice the sweet potatoes into equally thin slices to assure the same baking time.
- Make the slices as thick or thin as you prefer, depending on if you want crunchy and crispy crostini or soft and creamy.
- Use a fresh and juicy zucchini to make sure it’s not dry and old. Preferably a smaller one, they are usually juicer than the larger once.
- Slice the zucchini using a mandolin or shave using a potato peeler (or similar) to get really thin slices. The zucchini should be a nice, subtile and crunchy addition and not feel too big or chewy in your mouth.
- I added some fresh dill on top, that is optional.
- You can also top these bites with fish roe, red onion or chives for example.
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon:
- Sweet potato
- Cream cheese
- Smoked salmon
Other recipes you might like:
- Swedish Midsummer Potato & Pickled Herring Wreath (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Hasselback Potatoes Three Ways with A Mix of Swedish & Asian Influences (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Salmon Sashimi with Berries & Spicy Tamari Sauce (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Avocado Mousse with Shrimps & Fish Roe (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Prawn Bites (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Crostini Bites with Cinnamon Fried Pears & Goat Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Appetizers Three Ways (Gluten, Grain Free with Low Carb Option)
- Savory Pancake Popovers with Salmon & Shrimps (Gluten Free)
- Smashed Potatoes with Creme Fraiche & Fish Roe (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Scallop Bites with Caviar & Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Bilini with Creme Fraiche, Fish Roe & Salmon (Gluten Free)
Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Salmon
- 8 slices Sweet potato
- Cream cheese
- 50 g Smoked salmon
- 8 slices Zucchini shaved
- Dill to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for approximately 10-12 minutes (or until soft and little browned).
- Spread the cream cheese on each sweet potato crostini.
- Add smoked salmon.
- Roll up the shaved zucchini and put it on the crostini.
- Garnish with some dill.
4 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon (Gluten & Grain Free)”