This is a recipe for delicious, easy and quick seared scallops topped with caviar and shrimps. This recipe only requires a few key ingredients and only take five minutes to make. These scallops are both gluten, grain free and low carb. They are perfect to serve as an appetizer/pre-dinner snack or as a starter. They may look fancy but they are really silly easy to make!
If you have been following me for some time you know that I love both seafood (especially scallops) and appetizers/pre-dinner snacks. Im mean, is there anything better than to begin your evening with a delicious yet gentle snack? I think not! These scallop appetizers are both very tasty and flavorful but still gentle and light. They are just what you need before eating your main course. Thats why they’re so great to serve either as a pre-dinner snack or as a starter. The seared scallops have a lovely buttery surface with a tender inside. Then topped with salty caviar, lovely shrimps and the creamy and fresh creme fraiche.
A few tips:
- If they have not already been removed when buying make sure to remove the side muscle from the scallops. You don’t want to eat that.
- Rinse and then thoroughly pat dry the scallops. If they’re wet they will start to cook instead of getting fried in the pan.
- Prepare the topping before frying the scallops.
- Make sure not to fry them for too long. They should have a golden surface but still be tender on the inside. You can vary the fry time between 1-2 minutes depending on how raw you prefer your scallops. But don’t fry them longer than that. They will end up dry and boring.
- Make sure not to fry the scallops just until they should be served. They can be served cold, but taste better warm.
Ingredients for these Scallop Bites with Caviar & Shrimps:
- Red caviar
- Black caviar
- Creme Fraiche
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe
- Blini with Creme Fraiche, Fish Roe & Salmon (Gluten Free)
- Salad Cups with Shrimps & Nectarine Salsa
Scallop Bites with Caviar & Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 6 Scallops muscles removed, rinsed and dried
- 3-6 Shrimps peeled
- 3 tsp Red caviar
- 3 tsp Black caviar
- 3 tsp Creme fraiche
- Dill, to garnish
- Sea salt
- Peel the shrimps, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- When the pan is warm add the scallops, season with salt and pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side (depending on how raw you prefer them).
- Place the scallops on a plate and top with creme fraiche, caviar and shrimps. Top with drill. Serve immediately.