This is a delicious, easy and fresh recipe for a Tomato & Mozzarella Salad. This salad only requires six key ingredients and five minutes of your time. This salad is both gluten and grain free and low carb. Serve it as an appetizer, starter, light lunch or as a side dish to your main course.
A fresh salad made with good quality ingredients is key when I cook. Either if it’s making a nice lunch salad or a delicious appetizer or side dish. I really prefer to use just a few but really good quality ingredients than mixing too many different ingredients in one dish. I really love to feel the taste of all the ingredients that are included in a dish and let them have the opportunity to shine instead of mixing too many different ingredients and not feeling the taste of any of them because everything just becomes a big mess. This tomato salad is nothing out of the box, guess you’ve seen lots of tomato and mozzarella salads. But still, it has become an iconic dish because it really stands for less is more! Making a dish out of a few ingredients can sound a bit boring to many, but it’s quite the opposite if you use good quality ingredients. Then you want to taste every single ingredient in every single bite. This dish is great to serve either as an appetizer, starter, light lunch or as a side dish to your main course.
A few tips:
- Use a medium ripe good quality tomato. You don’t want the tomato to either be too hard (and not tasting as is should) nor too soft making the dish feel mushy. The tomato should be soft, sweet yet still hold some crunch and chewing resistance.
- Use good quality mozzarella or mozzarella balls. I love to just tor the mozzarella into pieces instead of slicing them. It makes the dish feel more rustic.
- I used dry roasted and salted almonds, just because I think it add a nice salty and little smoky feeling to the dish.
- I used just a liiiiittle drizzle of avocado oil (since Im not a huge fan of oil overall, but still wanted to add something on top).
- The arugula adds a bit of a spicy and peppery taste to the dish.
Ingredients for this Tomato & Mozzarella Salad:
- Olive or avocado oil
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Cucumber & Radish Salad
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
- 1 Good quality tomato sliced
- 4-5 Mozzarella balls sliced or torn
- A hand full of Arugula
- 4-6 Almonds roughly chopped
- Olive or avocado oil, to taste
- Thick balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Slice the tomato and place on a plate.
- Slice or torn the mozzarella balls by hand into smaller pieces and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Add arugula and roughly chopped almonds.
- Drizzle olive/avocado oil and thick balsamic vinegar on top.