This recipe if for easy, quick, delicious and healthy cauliflower and leek fritters. They only require four key ingredients and take 10 minutes to make. They are both gluten, grain free and low carb and can be made both vegan or non vegan. Add them to your salad, serve with your favorite side dishes, eat them as a snack or make a burger out of them.
Making fritters is such a good idea when you want to eat more greens but not necessary in their original form or just by making a salad out of them. Fritters are really easy to make and can be made using all of your favorite vegetables. The best thing is that they can be made both very healthy and delicious at the same time… and seasoned just the way you like or crave. Thats the best thing. You can really find a fritter recipe that you like, but then just change the seasoning and add-ins and you never have to get tired of them. I love adding them to my salad, easting them with some nice side dishes and dips, just eating them as they are for a snack or even replacing the meat in a burger with fritters. They are also really great to make for meal prep purposes. These cauliflower and leek fritter are both gluten, grain free and low carb. And they can be made both vegan and non vegan.
A few tips:
- Make sure the cauliflower is well grated/mixed in a blender, not leaving any too big chunks.
- You can use any flour you like or prefer.
- If the batter really doesn’t stick together (they will be a little loose before frying) add some more flour.
- When frying the fritters I prefer to use a non stick pan since it makes it much easier to fry them without breaking them.
- Make sure to fry the fritters until they are golden brown on one side before flipping them. Try not to touch them the first 2-3 minutes, otherwise they might break.
- I use a silicon spatula when flipping them.
- They are good to store in the fridge for 2-3 days in the fridge.
- You can use either egg or a flax egg to make these fritters.
Ingredients for these Cauliflower & Leek Fritters:
- Egg/Flax egg
- Black pepper
- Coconut or Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters (Vegan, Paleo Friendly, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Beetroot & Kidney Bean Burger (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Open Lentil Moussaka (Vegan & Oil Free)
- Black Bean Sliders
Cauliflower & Leek Fritters (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 3-4 dl Cauliflower florets grated or run in a blender
- 2 tbsp Leek thinly sliced
- 1 Egg/Flax egg
- 1 tbsp Flour (of your choice)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Coconut or olive oil, to fry
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil or coconut oil.
- Meanwhile grate or run the cauliflower florets in a high speed blender.
- Add the leek, egg/flax egg, flour, salt and pepper and combine until you have a smooth mixture.
- Form 5-6 equally sized fritters and fry in the pan for 3-5 minutes on each side.