This recipe is for easy, fresh and super delicious Scallops with Spicy Mango Salsa. This recipe is ready to serve in 10-15 minutes and is silly easy to make. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter or as a side dish. It is both gluten, dairy and grain free.
Seafood is for sure one of my addictions here in life. And scallops are one of my absolute favorite seafoods to make. I love them both raw, marinated, fried and grilled… and any other way as well. They’re so convenient to make and can be served in so many different ways and paired with tons of different ingredients, condiments and flavors. These seared scallops are served with a spicy yet fresh mango salsa. This pairing is one if my favorite ones. The seared scallops are delicate with a hint of sweetness yet salty from the seasoning. The mango salsa is sweet, fresh and spicy. Since the scallops are delicate and gentle they’re perfect to serve with the sweet mango and spicy chili to break of the gentle taste. There is a great balance of fastest and the different textures just melt together in a wonderful combination. These scallops are perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter or side dish.
A few tips:
- If they have not already been removed when buying make sure to remove the side muscle from the scallops. You don’t want to eat that.
- Rinse and then thoroughly pat dry the scallops. If they’re wet they will start to cook instead of getting fried in the pan.
- Prepare the mango salsa before frying the scallops.
- Make sure not to fry them for too long. They should have a golden surface but still be tender on the inside. You can vary the fry time between 1-2 minutes depending on how raw you prefer your scallops. But don’t fry them longer than that. They will end up dry and boring.
- Make sure not to fry the scallops just until they should be served. They can be served cold, but taste better warm.
Ingredients for these Seared Scallops with Spicy Mango Salsa:
- Olive oil
- Red chili
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Scallop Bites with Caviar & Shrimps (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Scallops with Brussel Sprouts & Shiitake
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe
- Scallops Italian Style
- Avocado Mousse with Shrimps & Fish Roe (Low Carb)
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicles with Avocado Cream
Scallops with Spicy Mango Salsa
- 6 Scallops muscles removed, rinsed and dried
- Olive oil, to fry
- 1 Mango peeled and finely diced
- 1/5 Cucumber seeded and finely diced
- 1 Scallion (both white and green parts) thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 Red chili seeded and finely chopped
- Cilantro, to taste finely chopped
- 1 Lime, zest
- 1 Lime, juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Start by making the salsa by mixing the diced mango, cucumber, scallion, chili, lime zest, lime juice, sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine until everything is well mixed and let it marinate meanwhile you prepare the scallops.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Preheat a pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- When the pan is reallt warm add the scallops and season with sea salt and pepper. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side (depending on how raw you prefer them) until golden brown.
- Place three scallops on each plate and top with the mango salsa.
- Serve immediately.