This recipe is for an easy, tasty and flavorful Asparagus Frittata with Pesto and Burrata. This recipe only requires a few key ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time, the rest is taken care of by the oven. This frittata is perfect to serve for brunch, lunch or even as an afternoon snack. Or why not make it for meal prep purpose and you have a wonderful meal ready to reheat. It is both gluten free and low carb.
Eggs are my all time favorite thing to make for brunch. And you never even have to get tired of them since there are endless ways of using them. Frittata is the perfect brunch meal to make if you want an easy, delicious and healthy brunch option that doesn’t require much of your time or effort. This frittata is made using asparagus, pesto and burrata. So simple and easy yet so very delicious. My philosophy is that less is more, and this frittata really proves it. It is perfect to serve for brunch, lunch or even an afternoon snack. It is also good to make for meal prep purposes. It is both gluten free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I like to pre fry the asparagus and onion before putting it in the oven. It adds a nice caramelized taste and the onion flavor is not as distinct as if you add raw onion to the batter.
- But make sure not to fry the asparagus for too long. They should just start to get golden brown and a little softened. They will become soft in the oven.
- Don’t bake the frittata for too long. The eggs should just set and the surface should be golden brown. If you bake it for too long it will become dryer and not as tasty.
- This frittata is good to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- If making it for meal prep purpose then make the frittata and then reheat it either in a microwave or on low temperature in the oven. Add the pesto and burrata on top when ready to eat.
Ingredients for this Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata:
- Yellow onion
- Sea salt
- Green leafs
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Soufflé Omelette with Mushrooms
- Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto, Asparagus & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Savory Eggs Muffins (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- 100 g Asparagus trimmed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 Yellow onion minced
- 6 Eggs lighly beaten
- 1 dl Milk (I used almond milk)
- 1+1 tbsp Pesto
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 Burrata
- Green leafs, to top
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preaheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius and put an oven safe frying pan it it.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and the minced onion and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and fry for another 2-3 minutes. The asparagus should just soften a little, but not be cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine eggs, milk, sea salt and 1 tablespoon of pesto (optional) in a bowl and whisk using a fork until small bubbles start to appear on the surface.
- Take out the pan from the oven using a towel or a potholder, be causeful so you don't burn your hands.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the warm frying pan. Add the onions and asparagus, trying to divide it equally around the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The frittata should be golden brown and the eggs should set. But don't bake it for too long, that will make it dryer and not as tasty.
- Take out the pan from the oven. Top the frittata with a burrata, about 1 table spoon of pesto and some green leafs. Serve while warm.