This is a creamy, flavorful and super delicious Burrata with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce. This dish calls for a few easy ingredients and takes about 30 minutes to make. Serve this burrata with roasted bell pepper sauce for brunch, lunch or as a side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A warm and flavorful roasted bell pepper sauce, a fresh cream burrata, fried mushrooms and tomatoes and crunchy sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Now how wonderful does this combination sound? I usually use burrata for cold dishes, but lately I’ve been using it more and more in warm dishes. The cold, fresh and creamy burrata make such a wonderful contrast to a warm sauce or dish, like this one! The very flavorful roasted pepper sauce melts together with the cold and fresh burrata in the most divine way. To add a bit of chewing resistance and texture to the dish I added fried shiitake mushrooms, quickly fried cherry tomatoes and dry roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds. This dish is very easy to make, the only thing that takes time is to roast the ingredients for the roasted bell pepper sauce, the rest of it is really quick to prepare. Serve this burrata with roasted bell pepper sauce for brunch, lunch or as a side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Roasted the bell peppers on high temperature in the oven. You want the peel to get charred to easily remove it from the bell peppers.
- This sauce can be made bot a bit spicy or mild, just adjust the amount of chili flakes that you use when you make the sauce.
- The roasted bell pepper sauce should be warm when serving this dish.
- I used shiitake mushrooms for this dish, but if you can’t find any or have them at home you can also swap them for button mushrooms.
- Use good quality cherry tomatoes. They should be sweet and juicy, not bland and tasteless. They add a nice sweet touch to the dish, hence you want them to be flavorful.
Ingredients for this Burrata with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce:
- Red bell peppers
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Red wine vinegar
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Burrata with Fresh Figs (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Persimmon & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Orange, Fennel & Burrata Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Lemon Sauce & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Toast with Burrata & Pesto (Gluten Free)
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Gluten Free)
- Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free)
- Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (Gluten, Grain Fee & Low Carb)
Burrata with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the bell pepper sauce
- 2 Red bell peppers cored and cut in two
- 1 Tomato cut in two
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes (optional)
For the topping
- 8-10 Shiitake mushrooms cut in two if very big
- 5-6 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp White pepper
- Olive oil, to fry
- 1 Burrata
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place the cored and cut bell pepper, tomato and garlic cloves in an oven safe baking pan. Drizzle with some olive oil and sea salt. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until soft and the bell peppers are charred.
- Preheat two nonstick pans over medium heat.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Then remove the peel from the bell pepper.
- Add the sunflower and pumpkin seeds to one of the pans and dry roast until warm and golden brown.
- Add some olive oil to the other pan and fry the mushrooms with some sea salt and white pepper until they start to get soft and golden brown. When they're almost done add the cherry tomatoes and fry for 30-60 seconds, just until they get soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile add the baked veggies with some lemon juice, red wine vinegar and chili flakes (if using) to a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Place the bell pepper sauce at the bottom of a plate.
- Top with burrata, fried mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and dry roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.