Looking for a tasty, fresh, flavorful and delicious summer dish? Then this Rosé Poached Strawberries with Burrata is a must try. You only need a hand full of ingredients and 20 minutes to make it. Serve these rosé poached strawberries with burrata as a starter, side dish or include them in a buffet or sharing dinner. This dish is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Pairing sweet, fresh and juicy summer fruits and berries with fresh creamy burrata is a true favorite of mine. This recipe is for warm, tender rosé wine poached strawberries paired with a creamy burrata, sliced fresh strawberries, crunchy pistachio nuts and fresh basil. This is a wonderful dish that is really easy to make, a mix of lovely tastes and textures and kind of feels like eating summer. The strawberries are poached in dry rosé wine, along with some agave/honey to add some sweetness and vanilla extract for a warmer and sweeter taste. The honey and vanilla is a nice contrast to the dry rosé that usually holds citrusy, floral and crispy flavors. Make this dish and include it in a cheese and charcuterie board, serve it with some fresh bread as a starter, as a side dish, include it in a buffet or sharing dinner.
A few tips:
- I would recommend you to use dry rosé wine, and not a sweet one. You want to have the lovely contrast of light, fresh and a little acid rosé wine sweet honey and vanilla.
- Use sweet and juicy strawberries that are in season. You want them to be sweet and juicy to pair well with the rosé wine and fresh burrata. Due to this this dish is best done during strawberry season.
- Let the rosé wine boil so that the honey dissolves and then lower the heat and let it simmer until it has reduced a bit.
- You can prepare the rosé reduction in advance and then reheat it and poach the strawberries when ready to serve this dish.
- When poaching the strawberries make sure the rosé reduction does not boil. You want them to poach on very low heat to gradually become soft and warm. Don’t cook them for too long. They should be warm and tender but not overcooked and too soft.
- Use a good quality burrata that is creamy and fresh. You really want it to have a wonderful fresh and creamy taste and texture.
- I added some fresh strawberries on top as well, just because they add a lovely fresh taste and texture to the dish.
Ingredients for this Rosé Poached Strawberries with Burrata:
- Dry rosé wine
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- Vanilla extract
- Pistachio nuts
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Buffalo Mozzarella with Rhubarb Two Ways (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Bresaola, Mozzarella & mango Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Burrata with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Grapes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Honey (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Oil Free)
- Honey Baked Feta Cheese with Oranges (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Orange, Fennel & Burrata Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Persimmon & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Burrata with Fresh Figs (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain & Oil Free)
Rosé Poached Strawberries with Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 3 dl Dry Rosé wine
- 1-2 tbsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 g Strawberries
- 1 Burrata torn into smaller pieces
- Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Fresh basil thinly sliced
- Add rosé wine and liquid sweetener to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and let it simmer for 12-15 minutes, until it has reduced a bit.
- Add the vanilla extract and strawberries (saving 1-2 strawberries for later) and let it simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes. The strawberries should be soft and warm, but not overcooked. They should still have some chewing resistance left.
- Place the rosé poached strawberries on a plate. Tear the burrata into smaller pieces and place over the warm strawberries.
- Slice the strawberries you saved for later into thin slices and add to the plate.
- Top with chopped pistachio nuts and fresh basil.