This is a fresh, quick, easy and super delicious recipe for Salmon Sashimi with Berries & Spicy Tamari Sauce. This recipe is made with a few ingredients and ready to serve in maximum 10 minutes. Serve this dish as an appetizer, starter or include it in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A delicious dish doesn’t have to include many ingredients, be complicated or take a long time to prepare. This dish is a great example of that! You really only need a few easy ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare it. The key to making dishes that are both delicious and easy is to use a few but good quality ingredients. Making dishes with just a few ingredients is lovely, because you get to really enjoy the full taste and texture from all the ingredients, letting them speak for themselves. This dish is made with a lovely salmon sashimi that is thinly sliced. Yes, slicing it into thin slices is key! You don’t want to get a too thick slice of salmon in your mouth, since that will feel overwhelming and grow in your mouth instead of feeling delicate and mouth melting. It is served with fresh blueberries and raspberries to add a nice freshness to the dish, along with some sweetness and hint of tart. Finishing off with some cilantro and quickly roasted sesame seeds to add a nice, warm, crunchy and a bit nutty flavor. This dish is served with a slightly spicy (you can adjust the heat) tamari and chili sauce, that makes a wonderful contrast to the delicate salmon and fresh sweet berries.
A few tips:
- Use a good quality salmon sashimi and make sure it is fresh.
- Slice the salmon into thin slices. You really don’t want to take a bit of a too thick salmon slices, that will ruin the whole fresh and light experience and tend to feel overwhelming and growing in your mouth.
- I used tamari for this sauce, you can use soy sauce as well.
- The dip sauce is made with chili oil and chili flakes. If you want to adjust the heat then I would recommend you to doing it by adjusting the amount of chili flakes to make sure the sauce doesn’t get too oily.
Ingredients for this Salmon Sashimi with Berries & Spicy Tamari Sauce:
- Salmon sashimi
- Sesame seeds
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Chili oil
- Chili flakes
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- Lemon juice (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Mango Ceviche with Mixed Fish & Seafood (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- White & Green Asparagus with Salmon & Browned Soy Butter (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cod & Shrimp Ceviche with Grapefruit (Gluten, Grain Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Crudo Salmon & Scallop Plate (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Lobster & Grapefruit Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicle with Avocado Cream (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb)
- Summer Fruit & Scallop Ceviche (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
Salmon Sashimi with Berries & Spicy Tamari Sauce (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 100 g Salmon sashimi thinly sliced
- 10 Raspberries
- 10 Blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chili oil
- Chili flakes, to taste
- 1 tsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick pan and dry roast the sesame seeds for a few minutes, until warm and golden brown.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Taste to check if additional seasoning is needed.
- Slice the salmon into thin slices and place on a plate.
- Top with fresh berries, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Serve with the tamari sauce.