This recipe for Spicy Lemon Shrimps with Zucchini Spaghetti is tasty, light, fresh yet super delicious and flavorful. It is both quick and easy to make, only including staple ingredients and ready in less than 15 minutes. These spicy lemon shrimps with zucchini spaghetti are great to make if you’re a pasta lover but want something slightly lighter and fresh yet super tasty or if you’re on a low carb diet, eat Paleo or are gluten intolerant. This dish is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
No matter if you’re a pasta lover or like eating low carb/gluten free/paleo. This dish is something everyone can enjoy and feel completely satisfied. As you know Im a huuuge zucchini lover, and not a big fan of pasta. But even I would have been a pasta lover, sometimes you just want something really fresh, light without having to compromise the taste and flavor. This lovely, flavorful and tasty zucchini spaghetti dish with spicy lemon shrimps is one of those dishes. You only need a few simple ingredients to make this dish, it is both quick and easy to throw together but still tasty, flavorful and satisfying at the same time. Make it for lunch if you need a quick and easy meal, for dinner if you crave something lighter but still tasty and delicious or serve it when having people over that have different food preferences like low carb, paleo and gluten free.
A few tips:
- The mount of chili flakes can be adjusted according to taste.
- I only used one garlic clove for this dish, since I’m not the biggest fan of garlic. You can add up to three garlic cloves depending on preferences.
- Make sure the pan is really hot before you add the shrimps to it. You want them to fry quickly and get a nice surface, you don’t want them to cook.
- You don’t want the shrimp to fry for too long. They should get a nice surface and the meat turns opaque, since you will add them to the pan for a minute before serving the dish.
- Use a juicy and fresh zucchini. Avoid the once that are starting to turn a bit wrinkly and dry.
- Do not cook the zucchini for too long. For me about one minute is enough, but you can cook them up until two minutes. You want the zucchini spaghetti to be warm and slightly softened, but still have a chewing resistance and not soggy.
- I love to add the tomatoes just at the end, so they only get slightly warm but still juicy and soft, not soggy and textureless.
Ingredients for this Spicy Lemon Shrimps with Zucchini Spaghetti:
- Olive oil
- Chili flakes
- Dry white wine (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mint
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Salmon Sashimi with Berries & Spicy Tamari Sauce (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Mango Ceviche with Mixed Fish & Seafood (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Cod with Burrata & Baked Leek (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Zucchini Noodles with Tuna Sauce (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Cod with Asparagus & Balsamic Roasted Fruits & Berries (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Moule In Spicy Tomato Sauce (GLuten, Garin & Dairy Free)
- Cod & Shrimp Ceviche with Grapefruit (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Fish & Seafood Soup
- Crudo Salmon & Scallop Plate (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Grilled Prawns & Vegetables (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Seafood Pasta (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Harissa Fried Shrimps with Cauliflower Purée & Summer Vegetables (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Spicy Lemon Shrimps with Zucchini Spaghetti (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- 20 Shrimps
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/3 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/3 Lemon zested
- A splash of White dry wine (optional)
- 1 medium Zucchini spiralized
- 10 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Fresh mint
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some half of the olive oil.
- Path dry the shrimps to make sure they're dry and not wet, to prevent them from cooking instead of frying.
- Add the shrimps to the hot pan and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add half of the minced garlic and chili flakes, stir to combine and fry for 2 minutes more. Remove the shrimps from the pan and set aside.
- Pour in the remaining olive oil, garlic and chili flakes, stir to combine and fry for one minute.
- Add the remaining lemon juice and white wine (if using). Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook for about one minute (do not cook for too long, you don't want them to get soggy and all soft).
- Add back the shrimps, lemon zest and cherry tomatoes. Cook for one minute.
- Place the shrimps and spaghetti in bowls, season with salt and pepper (if needed) and top with fresh mint.