A light and fresh fish dish that includes a lot of different tastes and textures is a great way to describe this Cod with Burrata & Baked Leek. This dish is made with less than 10 ingredients and ready to serve in 20-25 minutes. It is great to make both for lunch, as a weeknight meal or weekend dinner. This dish is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
So this dish came together when I wanted to include some of my favorite ingredients and try something new (at least for me). So I love love love cod, I guess you might have noticed if you’ve been following me for a while. I also love baked leek, its such an underrated vegetable that has more potential than just be included in soups or stir fries. And we have of course a creamy burrata! So I would typically not pair a burrata with fish, but then I thought… hmm why not?! And good thing I did! Imagine a creamy, cold and fresh burrata. Tender mouth melting cod. Warm, sweet and tender white part of the leek but still with just a little chewing resistance. A more crunchy texture to the green fried part. All of this topped with a creamy, fresh and bit nutty wild garlic pesto. Do I need to explain how sensational this dish is? If you’re still not convinced I’ll tell you this. This is such an easy dish to make, that includes everything from creamy to crunchy, from gentle to a little punchy, delicate yet so tasty and flavorful. So learning from this dish and this post. Never not try to combine your favorite foods and ingredients, because they might just end up being a complete success even though you might have thought so in the beginning.
A few tips:
- Make the pesto in advance so you don’t have to spend timing preparing at the same time as preparing the other ingredients.
- You can of course use any pesto you have at home or like if you don’t want to make your own. It will pair wonderfully with the fish and burrata anyways.
- Bake the leek until tender and golden brown, but still having a little chewing resistance left.
Ingredients for this Cod with Burrata & Baked Leek:
- Cod fillets
- Olive oil
- Wild garlic pesto
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Cod with Asparagus & Balsamic Roasted Fruits & Berries (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Refined Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Seared Tuna Steak with Spicy Sweet Potato Mash (Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free)
- Cod & Shrimp Ceviche with Grapefruit (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Cod with Chanterelles & Lingonberries (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Fish Package (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Summery Fish Burger with Nectarine Salsa (Gluten Free)
- Baked Cod with Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Lemon Baked Cod with Cauliflower & Spinach Mash (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Miso Fish with Bok Choy (Gluten Free)
Cod with Burrata & Baked Leek (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Cod fillets
- 1 Burrata
- 1 Leek (both white and green part)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Lemon zest zest
- 2-3 tbsp Wild garlic pesto (see note 1 below for recipe)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Prepare the pesto (if using wild garlic pesto) according to the recipe in note 1.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the white part of the leek into 3-4 cm long pieces and cut in two lenthwise.
- Place the leek in an oven safe baking pan and brush with some olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and some lemon juice. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until it starts to get golden brown and soft.
- Lower the temperature in the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Place the cod in another oven safe baking pan and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- When about five minutes of the baking time remains preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Slice the green part of the leek thinly and fry in the pan until golden brown.
- Drain the burrata and tear into smaller pices. Divide between two plates and top with black pepper.
- Divide the baked leek over the burrata. Top with baked cod, fried leek, pesto and lemon zest.