This recipe is for delicious, moist and summery Rhubarb Vanilla Muffins with Cream Cheese. This recipe is very easy to make, made with a few easy staple ingredients and only takes 10 minutes to prepare. They are healthy enough to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack since they’re both sugar and oil free and made with healthy ingredients. But they’re also delicious enough to have for dessert. These muffins are both gluten, oil and sugar free.
Muffins are one of my favorite desserts to make. I mean who doesn’t love a cute and adorable little muffin?! They’re great to include as part of a dessert buffet, mingle parties, to serve for dessert or bring along as a snack. And these rhubarb vanilla muffins with cream cheese are no exception. They’re actually on of my all time favorite muffins I’ve ever made! You have a delicate and tender vanilla flavored muffin, with pieces of rhubarb and cream cheese in and on top of it. These muffins are a wonderful combination of sweet vanilla, tart rhubarb, creamy, fresh and a slightly tangy cream cheese. They are tender, moist and mouth melting. Since they’re both gluten, sugar and oil free they’re great to eat for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. But also delicious, sweet and tasty enough to make for dessert.
A few tips:
- I prefer using a muffin pan and add muffin tins in it. That makes the muffin tins easier to fill and make sure they stay in shape.
- Don’t cut the rhubarb into too big pieces, nor too small. You want to clearly feel and taste the rhubarb, but you don’t want ending up with a too large piece either. You want a perfect combo of cake and rhubarb in each piece. Hence I would recommend you to cut them into 1/2-1 cm think pieces.
- Fill up the muffin tins about 1/3 of the way, then add about 1 tsp of cream cheese. You can use a knife to make a swirl to blend the cream cheese into the batter if you want. Then top the muffin tins up with the rest of the batter.
- Add the rest of the cream cheese on top of the muffins and top with rhubarb stalks and some sweetener.
- Let them cool for 10-15 minutes before removing them from the tins, then let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
Ingredients for these Rhubarb Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese:
- Xylitol (or any other sweetener)
- Apple sauce
- Quark or yogurt
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Vanilla extract
- Oat flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Rhubarb Cardamom Cake (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries & Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan, Gluten & Refined sugar Free)
- Apple Ricotta Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini Banana Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Peach & Almond Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Peach & Raspberry Mini Poes with Yogurt Filling (Gluten, Grain, Oil, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Rhubarb, Strawberry & Vanilla Custard Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Red velvet Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Rhubarb Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2-2 dl Xylitol
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 dl Quark or greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Rhubarb stalk cut into small dices
For the cream cheese filling
- 1/2 dl Cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Xylitol
For the topping
- 1/2 Rhubarb stalk cut into 2 cm pieces (totally 7 pieces)
- Xylitol (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a parking pan with 7 muffins tins.
- Whisk eggs and sweetener in a bowl until a little fluffy.
- Add the apple sauce, greek yogurt, fiber syrup/agave/honey and vanilla extract and whisk again until combined.
- Combine oat flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combine.
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces and fold into the batter.
- Add cream cheese and sweetener to a bowl and mix using a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Fill the muffin tins 1/3 of the way.
- Add about one tsp of the cream cheese filling to each tin.
- Top up the muffin tins with the rest of the batter.
- Divide the rest of the cream cheese filling on top of the muffins.
- Add rhubarb stalks on top and drizzle with more xylitol (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 min.