This cake is the perfect bake when you want something that is delicious, tasty, easy to make and healthy at the same time. You only need a few simple ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare it. This cake is great to make either as an afternoon snack, dessert or to include in a buffet. It is both gluten, oil and sugar free.
This cake is a must bake if you like cake and you like cheesecake. It is not fully a hybrid of a cake and cheesecake sine the top layer is made with ricotta. But it has that moist and juicy cheesecake feeling to it. So you have a wonderful, delicate and sweet cake layer at the bottom that is made with oat and almond flour. Then you have the fresh, a little tangy yet slightly sweet ricotta layer that just combines so well with the tender cake. The cake is then topped with raspberries and slivered almonds that add a fresh and nutty taste and also some texture and crunch to the cake. This cake is super easy and quick to make, is delicate, tender, moist and super delicious yet healthy at the same time. Instead of using oil the cake is made with apple sauce and yogurt that adds a wonderful moist to it, makes it tender and juicy. This cake is perfect to make either as an afternoon snack, for dessert or to include it in a buffet.
A few tips:
- You can make this cake either in a lager spring form, then it makes one. Or make it in two smaller once like I did (12 cm spring forms).
- Whisk the eggs, apple sauce and yogurt well so it is really smooth and fluffy.
- Do not over mix when adding the dry ingredients. Mix them in gently and whisk just until combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Whisk the ricotta using an electric whisk. The ricotta should be smooth and fluffy.
- You can add any berries or fruits that you like or have at home for this cake. You can also make it without any fruits or berries.
- The baking time will vary depending on whether you use a big spring form or smaller once. I baked my cakes for 25 minutes, but the baking time may also vary depending on you oven. So bake smaller once for 23-27 minutes, and a larger one for 27-35 minutes. The cake is ready when an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the ricotta has set on the top. But don’t bake it for too long so the ricotta layer gets dry.
- Let it cool completely before removing it from the spring forms.
Ingredients for this Vanilla Ricotta Cake with Raspberries:
- Xylitol (or sweetener of your choice)
- Apple sauce
- Plain thick yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Oat flour
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Rhubarb Vanilla Muffins with Cream Cheese (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Rhubarb Cardamom Cake (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Breakfast Apple Pie (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Walnut Honey Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Gluten, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Mini Creme Brûlée Cheesecake (Gluten, Refined Sugar Free & Lower in Fat)
- Apple Ricotta Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Polenta Cake with Mascarpone Cream & Figs (Gluten, Egg & Sugar Free)
- Peach Almond Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Peach & Raspberry Mini Poes with Yogurt Filling (Gluten, Grain, Oil, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Rhubarb, Strawberry & Vanilla Custard Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Vanilla Ricotta Cake with Raspberries (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
For the cake
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 dl Xylitol
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1/2 dl Plain thick yogurt
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Almond flour
- 1/3 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
For the ricotta layer
- 2 dl Ricotta
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 tbsp Xylitol
- 50-75 g Raspberries
- 1 tsp Slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line one 20 cm spring form or two smaller 12 cm spring forms (I used two small).
- Whisk eggs together with sweetener until fluffy.
- Add the apple sauce, yogurt and vanilla extract and whisk again until incorporated.
- Combine oat flour, almond flour, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine, until you have a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl add ricotta, egg, sweetener and lemon juice and whisk until a little fluffy and fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the big spring form or divide between the two smaller forms.
- Add the ricotta layer on top.
- Top with raspberry and slivered almonds and bake in the oven for 23-27 minutes.
- Take out and let it cool completely.