This is an easy, delicious and fun combination of a creme brûlée and a cheesecake. These mini cheesecakes are very easy to make, only require a few key ingredients and doesn’t require much of your time or effort. Serve these mini creme brûlée cheesecakes as a sweet treat or dessert. They are both gluten, refined sugar free and lower in fat.
Two of my all time favorite desserts combined into one – cheesecake meets creme brûlée! I present to you these mini creme brûlée cheesecakes! Imagine a crunchy crust, creamy and light cheesecake filling topped with caramelized brown sugar. I mean, how can you just not love this? These mini creme brûlée cheesecakes are both easy to make, made healthier and lighter than a regular cheesecake and perfect to serve as a festive and innovative dessert! The crust is gluten free made with oat flour and a mix of apple sauce and coconut oil to make it both lighter and a little lighter than a regular cheesecake crust. The filling is made with a mix of cream cheese (reduced fat if preferred) and Greek yogurt or quark which makes it lighter, feels more fresh and doesn’t make you get into a food coma after eating it. Then it’s topped with caramelized brown sugar. So you have a wonderful combination of crunch, creaminess and caramelized sugar. Whenever I make this dessert it is always a great success amongst my guests.
A few tips:
- I used a mix of apple sauce and coconut oil for the crust, just to make it lighter and not as greasy as if you only use coconut oil. But you can replace the apple sauce with more coconut oil if preferred. I would start by replacing the 1/2 dl with about 1-1 1/2 tablespoon more of coconut oil and see if more is needed.
- I used a mix reduced fat creme cheese and quark when making my cheesecakes. But you can also only use Creme Fraiche or a mix of Creme Fraiche and Greek yogurt if you don’t have or like quark.
- Make sure not to bake the cheesecakes for too long. The edges should be set but the middle should still be a little wobbly.
- The baking time will vary depending on how big molds/tins you use.
- Let the cheesecakes cool completely before adding and caramelizing the brown sugar.
- Don’t add or caramelize the brown sugar until just ready to serve.
- You can use a burn torch or the oven broiler to caramelize the sugar.
Ingredients for these Mini Creme Brûlée Cheesecake:
- Oat flour
- Apple sauce
- Coconut oil
- Cream cheese
- Greek yogurt or quark
- Corn starch
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Brown sugar
Other recipe you might like:
- Cream Cheese Filled Banana Muffin Cups
- Cherry Cheesecake (Light & Healthy)
- Cheesecake Tartlet with Cottage Cheese (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- No Bake Toffee Mini Cheesecakes (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Blue & Blackberry Cheesecake Chocolate Bars (Gluten, Sugar Free & Less Fat)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Fat)
- Gingerbread Cheesecake (Gluten, Sugar Free & Lower Fat)
Mini Creme Brulée Cheesecake (Gluten, Refined Sugar Free & Lower In Fat)
For the crust
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
For the cheesecake
- 100 g Cream cheese (reduced fat if prefered)
- 1 1/2 dl Greek yogurt or quark (thick)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 1- 1 1/2 dl Stevia granulated sugar
- 8-10 drops Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
For the topping
- 10-14 tsp Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Prepare 10-12 muffins tins, silicon molds or similar.
- Combine the ingredients for the cheesecake crust in a bowl.
- Divide the crust between the muffins tins or silicon molds.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the cheesecake batter by adding cream cheese and Greek yogurt to a bowl or a high speed blender.
- Next add the sugar, stevia drops, corn starch and egg and mix again, but just until combined.
- When the crust is golden brown take the muffin tins out and equally divide the cheesecake batter between the tins/molds. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. The cheesecakes are ready when the edges have set but its still a little bit wobbly in the middle.
- Take the mini cheesecakes out and let them cool.
- When ready to serve add about 1-1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar on top of each mini cheesecake.
- Using a blow torch caramelize the sugar, holding the flame just above the sugar and keep moving it round and round until caramelised. You can also put on the broiler in the oven and bake the cheesecakes in the oven just until the sugar has caramelized. But make sure not to burn them.