This is a fresh, light, flavorful and super delicious Lobster & Grapefruit Salad. This salad calls for a few key ingredients, is really easy and quick to make and doesn’t require any preparation in advance. Serve this salad as a starter, light lunch or side dish to a sharing dinner. This salad is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
Eating lobster isn’t something I do very often, but I really should try to use it more often in my cooking. It is a great ingredient that pairs so well with lot of different flavors, herbs and condiments. I think that some people might be afraid or reluctant to cook or use lobster in their cooking, and I was as well. Until I tried a few dishes and realized it’s not that hard at all to prepare. This time I wanted to make a really simple, easy and quick lobster dish that doesn’t require much time or effort to prepare. I also wanted something fresh, light and delicate that wasn’t too heavy or overwhelming, yet still flavorful with an interesting mix of tastes and textures. So I created this lobster and grapefruit salad that is ready in only 10 minutes. This salad is a great mix of sweet, tender and a little salty lobster, a little bitter yet sweet and juicy grapefruit, crunchy fennel and radishes, creamy avocado and gentle sweet blueberries. This salad is served with a really easy and fresh grapefruit dressing that adds such a lovely fresh and zesty taste to this salad. Serve this salad as a starter, light lunch or as a side dish in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I know some people are a bit hesitant of grapefruits thinking they are very sour and bitter. But you just need to buy the right once. If you choose the right one they are very juicy, sweet with just a hint of bitterness to them.
- So how to choose the right grapefruit? I don’t know if this is the right way of choosing a grapefruit. But I always go for the once that are starting to look a little wrinkly or have a very soft peel. Or I buy grapefruits and then let them lie at home until the peel starts to look wrinkly and they feel very soft. For me that method works 99% of the time and they are always sweet and juicy when I eat them.
- I used cooked lobster to avoid cooking it myself. But you can use either one.
- Don’ cut the lobster into too small sizes. It should be chopped. It should be cut into mouth sized pieces, so that you really feel it when you take a bite.
- The amount of honey/agave/fiber syrup and olive oil can be adjusted according to taste. I really prefer my dressing very light, zesty and fresh hence I don’t use too much of the above. But if you prefer a sweeter and more oily dressing then you can go ahead and add more.
Ingredients for this Lobster & Grapefruit Salad:
- Mixed green leafs
- Honey/agave/fiber syrup
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
Other recipe you might like:
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe
- Parsley Gratinated Lobster (Low Carb)
- Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Fruit Scallop Ceviche (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Melon & Scampi Salad
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb)
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicles with Avocado Cream
- Scallops Italian Style (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Scallops with Brussels sprouts & Shiitake (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Lobster & Grapefruit Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Lobsters meat removed and cut into bite sizes
- 2-3 hands of Green leafs
- 1 Grapefruit peeled, separated and cut into smaller pieces
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted and cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 small Fennel shaved or thinly sliced
- 1/2 dl Blueberries
For the dressing
- 1/2 Grapefruit zest
- 1 Grapefruit juiced
- 1-2 tsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 1-2 tsp Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Start by combining all the ingredients for the grapefruit dressing in a small bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed. Set aside.
- Place green leafs at the bottom of two bowls/plates.
- Peel, separate and cut the grapefruit using a knife. Add to the salad.
- Shave the fennel and radishes and also add to the salad.
- Peel and cut the avocado into small dices, place in the bowls.
- Cut the lobsters open and remove the meat. Cut into smaller pieces (about mouth sized). Add to the salad.
- Finally top with blueberries and serve with the grapefruit dressing.
2 thoughts on “Lobster & Grapefruit Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)”