This recipe is for an easy, quick and delicious Spicy Shrimp Salad. This salad comes together in just a few minutes, is really easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. It is perfect to serve both for lunch, dinner or to include in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Shrimps might be my favorite seafood… or I love them all, but I eat shrimps most often. They’re delicious, easy to prepare, to use for different purposes and to handle. I love eating them on their own, include them in my salad, add them to a delicious cooked sauce or just marinate them in different ways. This is a spicy shrimp salad that comes together in the blink of an eye! The shrimps are marinated in green chili, cilantro, lime and fish sauce, and served on top of romaine lettuce together with mango, bean sprouts and roasted peanuts. This really is a light, easy and super delicious salad that is perfect to serve for both lunch, dinner or to include in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I used green chili when making this dish, but you can use red chili as well.
- Use cilantro according to taste. I personally love cilantro so I love to add a lot of it.
- You can serve the shrimps right away after marinating them. But the longer you let them marinate the more they will absorb all the flavors. Hence you can prepare the shrimps in advance and let them rest in the fridge until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have or want to use peanuts for this salad you can replace them with cashew nuts or sun flower seeds.
- Use wasabi according to taste. Start by adding a little and then more if preferred.
Ingredients for this Spicy Shrimp Salad:
- Romain lettuce
- Green chili
- Fish sauce
- Bean sprouts
Other recipes you might like:
- Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Melon & Scampi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Tofu Bowl with A Spicy Tamarind Dressing
- Asian Style Salmon Salad
Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1/2 Romaine lettuce head sliced
- 150 g Shrimps peeled
- 1/2-1 Green chili minced
- 1-2 Lime juiced
- A bunch of Cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Scallion thinly sliced
- A hand full of Bean sprouts
- 1/2 Mango peeled and diced
- 2-3 tbsp Peanuts
For the wasabi dressing
- 4-5 tbsp Plain yogurt
- 1/4-1 tsp Wasabi (depending on how strong you prefer your dressing)
- 1 tsp Agave or honey
- 1/2 tsp Lime juice
- Start by peeling the shrimps and putting them in a bowl.
- Add minced chili, lime juice, fish sauce and cilantro.
- Next make the yogurt sauce by combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the peanuts and roast until golden brown. Stir regularly making sure they don't burn.
- Slice the romaine lettuce salad and place at the bottom of a bowl.
- Next add the sliced scallion, diced mango and bean sprouts.
- Top with shrimps and roasted peanuts and serve with the wasabi dressing.