This recipe is for a divine Plum Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. It is very easy to make, consisting of four lovely layers and is baked with easy and healthier ingredients. Serve this Plum Cream Cheese Coffee Cake for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or dessert. This cake is gluten, nut and sugar free baked with healthier ingredients.
One cake with four lovely layers! A tender and juicy cake base followed by a creamy and smooth cream cheese layer, sweet yet tangy plum jam and a lovely crumble on top. Now this is the ultimate fall cake that you just have to try. If you’re looking for an easy, incredibly scrumptious yet healthier and lighter cake to bake this fall this is a must try. This cake has the perfect balance of sweet, tangy, creamy, crunchy and soft that will melt in your mouth and make you want one more slice. Have this cake for breakfast, as an afternoon snack or serve it for dessert. It is gluten, nut and sugar free.
A few tips:
- I used a 16 cm spring form for this cake. You can use a larger one, but it will make the cake slightly shorter.
- I used a home cooked plum jam for this cake, you can however go ahead and use a store bought one if preferred.
- I used reduced fat cream cheese because I prefer a lighter cake. Regular cream cheese can be used as well.
- Be gentle when pouring the cream cheese and plum jam layers over the cake to make sure it doesn’t sink too much. Gently spread it out into an even layer using a spatula.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting into it. Preferably in the fridge overnight.
- This cake is good to store in the fridge for up to five days.
Ingredients for this Plum Cream Cheese Coffee Cake:
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Brown monk fruit sweetener
- Fiber syrup/honey/agave
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract/stevia vanilla drops
- Oat flour
- Rice flour
- Potato starch
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Plum jam
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Almond Poppy Seed Cake with Plums (Gluten, Grain, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Polenta Cake with Mascarpone Cream & Figs (Gluten, Egg & Sugar Free)
- Hazelnut Cake with Whipped Creme Fraiche & Cherry Jam Topping (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Almond Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Raspberry Crumb Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Ricotta Cake with Raspberries (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries & Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Walnut Honey Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Gluten, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
- Apple Ricotta Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chai Spiced Pear Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Plum Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
For the cake
- 3 Eggs
- 2 (4/5) dl (cups) Monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 (1/5) dl (cups) Brown monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 small Banana mashed
- 1/2 (1/5) dl (cups) Applesauce
- 1/2 (1/5) dl (cups) Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- 3 (1 1/5) dl (cups) Oat flour
- 3/4 (1/3) dl (cups) Rice flour
- 1 tbsp Potato starch
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 (2/5) dl (cups) Plum jam (see note 1 for the recipe I used)
For the streusel
- 1 1/4 (1/2) dl (cups) Oat flour
- 2 tbsp Brown monk fruit sweetener
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2-1 tbsp Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Cream cheese filling
- 150 g Cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 50 g Plain yogurt
- 4-5 tbsp Monk fruit sweetener
- 1 Egg
For the streusel
- Combine the ingredients for the streusel and mix until you have a crumbly texture, set aside.
For the cake layer
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line and grease a 16-18 cm spring form.
- Whisk together eggs and monk fruit sweeteners until the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
- Add fiber syrup, mashed banana, applesauce, Greek yogurt and stir to combine.
- Combine oat flour, rice flour, potato starch, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Sift into the wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl add the cream cheese, yogurt and monk fruit sweetener. Mix using a hand mixer until combined. Add the egg and mix again, just until the egg is incorporated.
- Pour about 2/3 of the cake batter into the prepared spring form.
- Add the cream cheese filling, gently spread into an even layer.
- Dollop the plum jam evenly over the cream cheese filling, gently swirl into the cream cheese filling.
- Add remaining cake batter to the spring form and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to release the cake. Then let it cool completely, preferably over night to make sure the cream cheese filling sets well.