I love making sauces/jams using seasonal fruits. My latest addition is this Plum Jam/Sauce. It’s fresh, light and a bit tart. I seasoned it with vanilla and cardamom to give it some more fall feeling, and the result turned out so good. If you prefer your jam/sauce sweeter just add stevia/sugar according to taste.
This plum sauce is lovely to add to your oatmeal, yoghurt, use as a spread on bread or use in baked goods. Just like you would use a store bought jam.
Ingredients for this Plum Jam/Sauce:
- Stevia vanilla drops/vanilla extract
Other recipes you might like:
Plum Jam/Sacue (Sugar Free)
- 5-6 Plums pitted and cut into smaller pieces
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- 2-3 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 2-3 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (Optional, I did not use it)
- Preheat water in a pot.
- Pit and cut the plums into smaller pieces.
- Add plums, vanilla drops (or vanilla extract) and cardamom into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and let it shimmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until the plums are soft.
- Using a hand mixer, mix the plums until you have a smooth sauce/jam.