This is easy and delicious Blueberry Balsamic Sauce. It is a fun way of mixing blueberries with balsamic vinegar and making a sauce that can be used for both savory and sweet food. You only need two key ingredients; blueberries and balsamico.
I love blueberries and I love balsamic vinegar. So I thought why not combine them and make a delicious blueberry balsamic sauce? This recipe is really easy to make, you only need blueberries and balsamic vinegar. But I also added cinnamon in mine to add some warm flavor to it, and just because it pairs so well with blueberries and balsamic vinegar. I did not use any additional sweetener, but if you prefer a sweeter version you can just add in the amount of sweetener that you prefer. This sauce is so versatile and can be used for so many purposes. I served it with oven baked cod, ice cream, on a toast with cream cheese, with Saffron Pancakes and included it in cheese boards.
Ingredients for this Blueberry Balsamic Sauce:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Stevia granular sugar (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
Blueberry Balsamic Sauce (Sugar Free)
- 250 g Frozen blueberries
- 2-4 tbsp Red balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (optional, I did not use it)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- Add a little bit of water to a pot, just so it coveres the bottom.
- Add the berries, cinnamon and sugar (if using) and balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Lower the temperature and let it shimmer for 10-20 minutes until it has reduced and thickened.
- Taste to see if more balsamic vinegar, cinnamon or sugar is needed.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.
6 thoughts on “Blueberry Balsamic Sauce (Sugar Free)”