This recipe is for an easy and delicious Rhubarb Compote. It only requires four ingredients and five minutes of your time. This rhubarb compote is both vegan and sugar free. It is perfect to add to your breakfast bowl, use in baking or as a spread on toast.
Its silly how easy it is to make it. You just cut the rhubarb into smaller pieces, add some spices and cook it for 10-15 minutes. I add this compote on my morning oats, eat it with yoghurt, put it on a toast or on pancakes, or just eat it on it own.
A few tips:
- Remove any thready/woody parts of the rhubarb before cooking it.
- Dice into small dices, this will reduce the cooking time.
- Let it shimmer on low heat.
- Check on it every now and then to make sure it doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pot. Add more water if necessary.
- Store in a clean jar in the fridge for up to five days.
Ingredients for this Rhubarb Compote:
- Vanilla stevia drop/Vanilla extract
- Steva sugar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Peach Sauce/Jam (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Plum Compote with Cinnamon & Ginger (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Plum Jam/Sauce (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Pear Sauce with Cardamom (Vegan & Sugar Free)
Rhubarb Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 5 stems of Rhubarb
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Water
- 3-4 drops Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1-3 tsp Stevia granular sugar (Optional, I did not use it)
- Cut the rhubarb stems into smaller pieces.
- Add the rhubarb together with cinnamon and stevia (and sugar is using) in a pot.
- Add the water and let it shimmer on low heat until rhubarb is soft and most of the water has steamed away. Stir occasionally.
- Store in a jar.