This is a recipe for a tender, delicious and easy Bundt Cake with Plum Jam. This cake comes together in the blink of an eye, only require minimal effort from your end and taste amazing. This cake is great to serve as an afternoon snack or dessert. It is both gluten and refined sugar free.
Bundt cake is such an iconic cake that brings me that warming, cozy and familiar feeling when served. It’s so strongly associated with going for a “fika” (having cake and coffee in Sweden) with your grandma or family. It is a cake that is made with love and to share with your closes family and friends. But the great thing with bundt cakes is that they can be made in so many different ways. Yes, in Sweden we do have a classic “sockerkaka” (sugar cake) and there are few things that feel more Swedish than a classic sockerkaka. But the great thing with bundt cakes is that you really can make them with any seasoning, add-ins or flavor that you like and prefer. This one is a mix of a classic Swedish “sockerkaka” but with an addition of plum jam that makes it feel more wintery and cozy. This cake is really easy and quick to make, and is both healthier than a regular cake but still as delicious. I used my recipe for plum compote when making this cake, but I added one tablespoon of stevia granulated sugar and let it reduce until very thick. I would really recommend you tp try to make your own plum jam/sauce if you can find fresh plums since it’s so easy and quick, and you know exactly what’s in it. But you can also use a store bought jam if you don’t want to make your own or have the time. This cake is great to serve as an afternoon treat or dessert during plum season. It is both gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- I made my own plum jam/sauce using this recipe. But I also added one tablespoon of stevia sugar and let it reduce until very thick.
- Make sure your jam/sauce isn’t too thin, otherwise it will prevent the cake from sticking together.
- Depending on if you prefer your plum jam in the middle or on the top add either half of the batter or just 1/3 at the beginning, then cover with the rest.
- Use a toothpick to check if the cake is done. It’s done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Make sure to let the cake cool down completely before removing it from the pan. Otherwise it might break.
Ingredients for this Bundt Cake with Plum Jam:
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Greek yogurt or quark
- Apple sauce
- Coconut oil
- Corn flour
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Plum Jam
- Stevia icing sugar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Cherry Cheese Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free, Light & Healthy)
- Almond & Poppy Seed Cake with Plums (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Muffins with Lingonberries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Peach & Almond Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Polenta Cake with Mascarpone Cream & Figs (Gluten, Egg & Sugar Free)
- Apple Ricotta Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
Bundt Cake with Plum Jam (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 dl Stevia granulated sugar
- 2 dl Greek yogurt or quark
- 3/4 dl Apple sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 3 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Corn flour
- 1 dl Almond flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 dl Plum jam
- Stevia icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a Bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil and let it cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs and stevia sugar to a bowl and whisk until a little fluffy.
- Add the Greek yogurt/quark, apple sauce and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except for the plum jam in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet stirring constantly. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Either place a thin layer of the batter at the bottom of the Bundt pan and then add the plum jam on top if you want to have the jam at the top of the cake. Or add about 1/3 of the batter to the Bundt form and then add the plum jam in an even layer if you prefer to have the jam in the middle. Cover with the rest of the batter and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Drizzle icing sugar on top (if using).