If you like gingerbread you will love these Gingerbread Muffins with Lingonberries. This is a really easy and healthy recipe that is both gluten and sugar free. These muffins are soft, tender and juicy, has a lot of flavor and a delicious freshness from the lingonberries. To keep them healthy but still tender and juicy I used greek yogurt and apple sauce.
So it’s Christmas time already. And that means lots of baking. My all time favorite Christmas flavor is gingerbread! It’s always my first choice and this year I went a little crazy and made so many different gingerbread recipes. Everything from bundt cake, to banana gingerbread, to gingerbread bliss balls, to gingerbread chocolate truffles.. and then of course these delicious gingerbread muffins with lingonberries. These muffins are really easy to make, they are healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but delicious enough to have as an afternoon treat or dessert. They are flavorful, juicy and tender. The lingonberries are also such a nice addition to the spicy gingerbread flavor. They provide a freshness to the muffins and make them more interesting. But if you don’t have or don’t like lingonberries you can just omit them.
Ingredients for these Gingerbread Muffins with Lingonberries:
- Stevia granular sugar
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Coconut oil
- Greek yogurt
- Apple sauce
- Fiber syrup
- Oat flour
- Rice flour (can be replaced by more oat flour)
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Frozen lingonberries
Other recipes you might like:
- Zucchini Muffins (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Pear & Pecan Muffins (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free, Naturally Sweetened with Fruit)
- Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins with Oat Crumble (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Gingerbread Muffins with Lingonberries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 1 Egg
- 1 dl Stevia granular sugar
- 5-6 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1 dl Greek yogurt
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 1 dl Milk (I used almond, but any will do)
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup
- 4 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1 1/2 dl Rice flour (can be replaced by more oat flour but it will change the texture slightly)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 dl Frozen lingonberries
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Add egg, stevia granular sugar, stevia drops and coconut oil to a blender and mix until lighly beaten.
- Add apple sauce, greek yogurt and milk and mix until smooth.
- Combine oat flour, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little to the wet and mix just until combined.
- Fold in frozen lingonberries.
- Divide the batter equally between the muffins cups and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.