This is a recipe for moist, tender and super delicious Saffron Muffins. These muffins batter comes together in just a few minutes, is really simple to make and only uses a few key ingredients. These saffron muffins are healthy enough to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack since they’re made using healthy ingredients and sugar free but also delicious enough to make for dessert. They are both gluten and refined sugar free.
Anyone else that want’s to eat everything saffron flavored during winter? Its such a great and delicious spice that makes your baked goods or cooking taste cozy, flavorful and comforting at the same time. I could really eat saffron flavored food from morning to evening! And now I can with these saffron muffins! These saffron muffins are a great idea to make when you want to be able to indulge in christmasy bakes all day long. Because they are both quick and easy to throw together, healthy enough to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack but also sweet and delicious enough to have for dessert. They are super moist and tender and both gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Adjust the amount of saffron depending on how strong saffron taste you like. I used 50 g.
- Raisins are optional but highly recommend! They add both a wonderful sweetness and makes the muffins more juicy and tender.
- I used a silicon muffin pan when making these to avoid using paper tins. But you can use any muffin tins you like or have at home.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Greek yogurt
- Apple sauce
- Milk (I used almond)
- Oat flour
- Rice flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Other recipes you might like:
- Saffron Polenta Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Lussebullar/Saffron Buns (Gluten, Sugar Free & Lower In Fat)
- Gingerbread Muffins with Lingonberries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Brookies (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Bliss Balls (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- No Bake Gingerbread Cakesicles (Vegan, Gluten, Nut & Refined Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Sticky Cake/Swedish Kladdkaka (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
Saffron Muffins (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- 1 Eggs
- 1 1/2-2 dl Stevia granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 5-6 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1 dl Greek yogurt
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 2 dl Milk
- 4 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Rice flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 dl Baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 50 g Saffron
- 1-1 1/2 dl Raisins (optinal, but highly recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Add egg, stevia granulated sugar, stevia vanilla drops and melted coconut oil to a blender or bowl and mix/whisk until lightly beaten.
- Add apple sauce, Greek yogurt and milk and mix/whisk again until smooth.
- Combine oat flour, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and saffron in a bowl.
- Add little by little to the wet ingredients mixing/whisking in between. Mix/whisk just until combined, don't over mix.
- Fold in the raisins (if using).
- Divide the batter between the muffins tins and bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes, depending on how big your muffin tins are.
- Take out from the oven and let them cool.
One thought on “Saffron Muffins (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)”