This recipe is for a moist, tender and super delicious Apple Ricotta Cake. This cake is really easy and quick to prepare and perfect to make when you want to bake something both delicious and easy. Serve this cake as an afternoon snack or dessert. This apple ricotta cake is both gluten, oil and sugar free.
I guess ricotta is mostly commonly associated with cooking. But it actually is really great to bake with as well! Ricotta make the baked goods both moist, tender and super delicious. It also makes it feel both fresh and light with a hint both tangy and sweet flavors. It can be compared to using either cottage cheese or yogurt in baking, but if you ask me it provides even more moist and make the baked goods more tender then the above. Not to mention that it is high in protein which makes it more nutritious. This cake is an easy, super delicious and tender apple and ricotta cake that is perfect to bake during fall. The cake is also flavored with both vanilla and cinnamon which provides a warm and sweet taste to the cake. This cake is perfect to serve both as an afternoon snack as well as for dessert. It is both gluten, oil and sugar free and super easy to make.
A few tips:
- I would recommend you to use really delicious autumn apples when making this cake. Preferably a variety that is both juicy, sweet and a bit tart apples. It really makes such a wonderful contrast to the sweet and warm vanilla and cinnamon. But the most important thing is to use apples that you like.
- The baking time may vary depending on what type of ricotta you use. So use a toothpick to check if it is done.
- Let the cake cool before removing it from the spring form.
- Don’t dust with the icing sugar until it has cooled, otherwise it will melt.
Ingredients for this Apple Ricotta Cake:
- Apple sauce
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Apple cider vinegar
- Oat flour
- Rice flour
- Baking soda
- Stevia Icing sugar
Other recipes you might like:
- Apple Cinnamon Sticky Cake (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Pear Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & refined sugar free)
- Polenta Cake with Mascarpone Cream & Figs (Gluten, Egg & Sugar Free)
- Peach & Almond Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Apple Crumble Skillet Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chai Spiced Pear Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Apple Ricotta Cake (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- 1 dl Ricotta
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1 1/2 dl Stevia granulated sugar
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Rice flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Egg whites whisked
- 2 Apples finely diced
- 1 Apple thinly sliced
- Stevia icing sugar, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Line or grease a 20 cm spring form.
- Add eggs and stevia granulated sugar to a blender and mix until smooth and a little fluffy.
- Add ricotta, apple sauce, vanilla drops and apple cider vinegar and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine oat flour, rice flour, cinnamon and baking soda and mix to combine.
- Add in little by little to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the two whisked egg whites, and mix just until combined.
- Add the diced apples and gently fold in.
- Pour the batter to the prepared spring form.
- Top with sliced apples and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes. The cake is ready when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool before removing it from the spring form.
- Garnish with icing sugar (if using).