This recipe is for an easy, delicious and healthy Apple Cinnamon Sticky Cake. You only need one bowl, a few ingredients and five minutes to make this apple cinnamon sticky cake. Serve this apple sticky cake as an afternoon snack or dessert. This sticky cake is both gluten and refined sugar free.
Have you ever tried a Swedish sticky cake (kladdkaka)? It is one of our most beloved sweet treats/desserts that we love to make all year round. It is actually very similar to a brownie with the difference that a sticky cake doesn’t include any baking powder, is usually made round, does not include any topping like a glaze and is usually served with whipped cream or ice cream. A sticky cake, just as the name indicate, should be sticky. Therefore it is only baked for a short period of time, then left to set. You can of course adjust the baking time depending on how sticky you prefer your cake, but if you ask me the stickier the better! This version of a classic sticky cake is fall inspired with the taste of apple and cinnamon. It is healthier than a regular sticky cake since I replaced the butter and refined sugar with dates. This sticky cake is so easy to make, only require a few key ingredients, one bowl and five minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve as an afternoon snack or dessert. This sticky cake is both gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use juicy and fresh dates, and not the dryer once since they provide moist to the cake.
- If your dates are a bit dry you can soak them in hot boiling water for 10-15 minutes before making this cake.
- Make sure to mix the dates well into a smooth paste before combining it with the rest of the ingredients. You don’t want any big pieces or limps left.
- I would recommend using your favorite fall apple, but maybe not a too sour one.
- Make sure to squeeze out as much water as possible from the grated apple, otherwise the cake might turn out too wet.
- Bake the cake for 10-15 minutes depending on how sticky you prefer it. The cake is ready when the edges have set, but the core still is a bit loose. The cake will set a bit when cooled.
- You can adjust the amount of stevia granulated sugar depending on how sweet you prefer your cake. I did not add any additional sugar since the dates are sweet enough for me.
Ingredients for this Apple Cinnamon Sticky Cake:
- Apple sauce or coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Oat flour
- Stevia granulated sugar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownie (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chokladbollar-Swedish Chocolate Balls (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Apple Cinnamon Sticky Cake (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- 10 Dates pitted
- 1 tbsp Apple sauce or melted coconut oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 dl Almond flour
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-3 tbsp Stevia granulated sugar (optional)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 small Apple grated
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Grease two 12 cm spring forms or one lager (18-20 cm or so).
- Grate the apple and squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
- Mix the dates using a hand mixer until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the apple sauce/coconut oil and eggs and whisk to combone.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the two spring forms or pour it into a lager one and bake in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how sticky you like it.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool and set before serving.
- Serve plain, with Greek yogurt, whipped cream or ice cream.
One thought on “Apple Cinnamon Sticky Cake (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)”