This is a fudgy, rich and super delicious Zucchini Chocolate Cake. This cake is really easy to make, only requires 10 minutes of your time and a few ingredients. It is healthy enough to serve for breakfast or afternoon snack but still delicious enough to have for dessert. It is both gluten and sugar free.
Is there anything better than a gooey, fudgy and super delicious chocolate cake? The answer is just no. But the best thing is that a fudgy, rich and delicious cake doesn’t have to be unhealthy or filled with sugar or butter. This chocolate cake is proof of that! It is made with oat flour, apple sauce, yogurt, some rice or coconut flour, sweetened with stevia, cacao powder and then of course the secret ingredients zucchini! Adding zucchini to baked goods are my favorite. It really brings the baked goods some extra texture but also making it incredibly moist and juicy. Not to mention that you get an extra dose of greens “for free” while eating dessert. This cake comes together in only 5-10 minutes and is perfect to serve both for breakfast, as a healthy afternoon snack or dessert. It is both gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to squeeze out as much excess water as possible from the zucchini, otherwise it might turn out too wet.
- You can use either rice or coconut flour. I used rice flour in my cake.
- The amount of stevia can be adjusted according to taste.
- Bake it for 17-20 minutes, depending on how fudgy you prefer your cake.
- Let it cool completely before slicing it.
- It is good to store for 4-5 days.
Ingredients for this Zucchini Chocolate Cake:
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Coconut oil
- Plain yogurt
- Apple sauce
- Oat flour
- Rice or coconut flour
- Cacao powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Other recipes you might like:
- Cherry Chocolate Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownies (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Champagne Chocolate Truffles (Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2-2 dl Stevia granulated sugar
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1 dl Plain yogurt
- 1/2 Apple sauce
- 1 dl Milk
- 2 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Rice flour or coconut flour
- 1 1/2 dl Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 dl Zucchini shredded
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Line a 18*12 cm baking sheet (or similar).
- Shred and squeeze out as much excess water as possible from the zucchini.
- Add egg, stevia granulated sugar, stevia vanilla drops and coconut oil to a blender and mix until lightly beaten.
- Add apple sauce, plain yogurt and milk and mix until smooth.
- Combine oat flour, rice/coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder cacao power in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Pour the batter into the baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes depending on how sticky you prefer your cake.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for a while before slicing.