This is a warm, delicious and flavorful Baked Feta Cheese and Grape Salad. This salad is easy to make, only requires a few key ingredients and is mostly prepared by the oven. Serve this salad as a starter, main course or as a side dish to your main course. This salad is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Mixing warm and cold ingredients in a salad is so delicious and perfect when you want something fresh and light, yet a bit comforting and filling. This salad is made with spicy baked feta cheese and grapes, fried kale and red bell pepper with a base if mixed green leafs and then topped with walnuts and agave/honey. This salad has it all! You both have some heat, salty and sweet flavors, warm and cold ingredients, crunch and creaminess. This salad is really easy to make, only requires a few minutes of your time. It pairs very well with just about everything, but is also perfect to eat on it’s own. Serve it as a starter, main course or side salad. This salad is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I baked my feta cheese in aluminum foil, but you can also just put it in an oven safe dish, but then it will become a bit drier.
- I unfolded the aluminum edges when five minutes of the baking time remained to get it a bit browned around the edges.
- I used black kale when making my salad, but you can also use green kale or add more mixed green leafs.
- I like to fry my bell peppers until they get fry marks, but still hold some crunch sine it provides a lovely texture to the salad.
- Serve this salad when it’s warm.
Ingredients for this Baked Feta Cheese and Grape Salad:
- Feta cheese
- Chili flakes
- Red bell pepper
- Mixed green leafs
- Black kale
- Agave or honey
Other recipes you might like:
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free)
- Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
- Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed
Baked Feta Cheese and Grape Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 block Feta cheese
- 1/2-1 tbsp Chili flakes
- 10-15 Grapes
- 1/2 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 hand full of Mixed green leafs
- Walnuts roughly chopped
- Agave or honey, to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celcius.
- Place the block of feta cheese on a piece of aluminium foil. Add chili flakes on top. Fold the edges over the feta cheese to seal the package. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. When about 5 minutes remain you can open the package and turn on the broiler to get the feta cheese a bit browned, or just bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Place the grapes in an oven safe baking pan and bake in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the cut red bell pepper and fry until golden brown and a bit softened, but still a bit crunchy and not fully softened.
- Place mixed green leafs on one big or two smaller plates.
- Add the baked feta cheese on top (in a whole piece or divided into smaller pieces if prefered) followed by red bell pepper and bakede grapes.
- Top with walnuts and agave/honey and serve warm.
5 thoughts on “Baked Feta Cheese and Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)”