This is a lovely, fresh, tasty and easy summer Halloumi, Peach & Prosciutto Salad. This salad is made with just five main ingredients and ready to serve in 10 minutes. Make this salad for lunch, serve it as a starter or side dish. This salad is gluten and grain free.
Nothing beats a good, tasty and delicious salad that combines different tastes and colors. This salad is a wonderful combination of fresh spinach, sweet and juicy peach, salty prosciutto and salty crispy fried halloumi, topped with some fresh basil. With only five ingredients and 10 minutes you can have a lovely, fresh, healthy and flavorful salad. Making a flavorful, tasty and delicious salad does not have to include many different ingredients. The key is to use ingredients that contribute with different taste, texture and colors and go well together making a wonderful combo. Serve this salad for lunch, as a starter or side dish.
A few tips:
- Use ripe and sweet peaches since you want them to add sweetness and juiciness to the salad. Avoid using overripe peaches since you still want them to be a firm and not soggy.
- Use a good quality prosciutto, preferably slices that are not too thick. You don’t want the prosciutto to be overwhelming or hard to chew, which can be the case if it’s sliced too thick. You want it to add a nice salty and just slightly sweet taste that almost melts in your mouth.
- Fry the halloumi om quite high heat, but not to high to prevent it from burning. You want the halloumi to get a nice, browned surface that feels crispy but still be soft and creamy on the inside.
- You can serve this salad just as it is or top it with some olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
Ingredients for this Halloumi, Peach & Prosciutto Salad:
- Fresh spinach
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Hasselbacked Melon with Prosciutto & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Whipped Burrata with Mixed Cherry Tomatoes & Raspberries (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Grilled Nectarine & Tiger Prawn Salad (Gluten Free)
- Chèvre Chaud Salad with Summer Fruits (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad
- Bresaola, Mozzarella & Mango Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Chèvre Chaud & Mixed Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Kale Salad with Pear & Blue Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Fresh Fig, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Prosciutto & Peach Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Halloumi, Peach & Prosciutto Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 package Halloumi sliced
- 1-2 Peaches pitted and cut into wedges
- 6-8 slices Prosciutto
- A hand full of Fresh spinach
- Fresh basil leaves
- Place spinach at the bottom of a plate.
- Pit and slice the peach.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Slice the halloumi and fry in the pan for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Add sliced peach, slices of prosciutto and fried halloumi on top of the fresh spinach.
- Top with fresh basil.
- Serve with olive oil, balsamic vinegar or just as is.