This is a tasty, delicious and easy Kale Salad with Pears & Blue Cheese. This salad is made with a few key ingredients and only takes 15 minutes to prepare. Serve this salad on its own or as a side dish to you main course. This salad is both vegetarian and gluten free.
Who said salads are boring or should only be eaten during spring and summer? Not me! Im the biggest salad lover and perfect to make using seasonal ingredients. Like this kale salad with pear and blue cheese. This salad has it all! You have the fresh kale, sweet pears, savory blue cheese, warm and creamy sweet potatoes, nutty pumpkin seeds and crunchy pomegranate seeds… topped with a tasty tahini dressing. This salad so easy and quick to make, only requires a few easy ingredients and taste amazing. I make it both for a main course or serve it as a side dish to my main meal. This salad is both vegetarian and gluten free.
A few tips:
- Bake the sweet potatoes on quite high temperature to make sure they get golden brown, creamy on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside.
- I like to keep the peel on on the sweet potatoes since I love the taste and texture it adds, but you can peel it if you prefer.
- Use a good quality blue cheese that you like.
- Use sweet and medium ripe pears. You don’t want the pears to be too ripe and soft, they should add a nice crunch and chewing resistance to the salad.
- The tahini dressing might need some water to thin it, depending on how creamy your tahini is.
Ingredients for this Kale Salad with Pears & Blue Cheese:
- Sweet potato
- Black kale
- Green kale
- Blue cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Warm kale Salad (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Antioxidant Quinoa Salad (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Halloumi Salad Bowl (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
Kale Salad with Pears & Blue Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 1 Sweet potato cut into half moons
- 3 stems Black kale cut into smaller pieces
- 3 stems Green kale cut into smaller pieces
- 1 Pear sliced
- 75-100 g Blue cheese crumbled
- 3-4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 2-3 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
For the dressing
- 3-4 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2-1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Tamari
- Water, to thin if needed
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the sweet potatoes and place them on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Until soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the dressing. Thin with some water if needed. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Cut the kale and place on a big plate or bowl.
- When the potatoes are done add them to the salad followed by sliced pears, blue cheese and lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Top with pumpkin and pomegranate seeds and drizzle the dressing over the salad.