This is a simple and easy salad recipe that comes together in literally five minutes. It only includes a few key ingredients, but make the most delicious and flavorful salad. This salad is perfect if you want something quick and delicious, but don’t want a boring blad salad bowl. This salad can also be served as a side dish, or add some protein if you want to make it more filling
Even though this salad only includes a few vegetables it’s still very taste and have lot of different flavors and different textures. I love mixing raw vegetables with braked/cooked or fried ones. It helps create dynamics, provides different textures and make them more interesting. This salad has a lot of crunch from the raw vegetables, but is also creamy, soft and warm from the fried vegetables, which makes such a wonderful combination. I also added some lemon juice on top and make a tahini/yoghurt dressing to serve along with it. Who said that you have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to eat delicious and healthy food?
Ingredients for this Half Baked Salad:
- Green leafs
- Button mushrooms
- (Vegan) yoghurt
Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 1 hand full of Green leafs
- 1 Broccoli head cut into smaller florets
- 1/2 Zucchini sliced
- 1/2 Zucchini thinly sliced lenghtwise using a mandolin
- 1/2 Aubergine thinly sliced
- 3 Button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2-1 tbsp Tamari
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp (Vegan) yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Buckwheat, to top
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Fry the aubergine, zucchini slices and mushrooms in tamari until they have softened and are golden brown.
- Meanwhile put green leafs on a plate. Add raw broccoli and mandolin sliced zucchini.
- Mix yoghurt and tahini in a bowl. Set aside.
- When the freid vegetables are done, add them on top of the salad, drizzle with lemon juice and top with buckwheat and cilantro.
- Serve with the tahini yoghurt.