This is a simple and easy salad recipe that comes together in literally five minutes only including five ingredients. Make this salad when you want something tasty and delicious without having to put too much effort into it. t can be served as a side dish, light lunch or served with some rice or quinoa on the side or topped with your favorite protein to make it more filling. This salad is vegan, paleo, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Even though this salad only includes a few simple ingredients it still is very taste with different tastes and textures in it. Mixing raw and baked/fried/cooked vegetables is one of the best ways of making a salad more interesting. It adds contrast, provides different textures and makes it more interesting by combining cold and warm ingredients. This salad is a mix of crunchy raw vegetables and warm tender fried ones, which makes such a wonderful combination. With a drizzle of lemon juice on top and a yogurt-tahini dressing on the side you have a lovely and fresh salad that is ready in only five minutes. Who said that you have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to eat delicious, nutritious and healthy food?
A few tips:
- You can adjust the vegetables by using your favorite ones.
- Swap the fried mushrooms and eggplant for bell pepper, zucchini, asparagus, roasted sweet potatoes just to mention a few.
- Swap the raw vegetables for shaved carrot, cauliflower florets, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, fennel.
- This salad is great to eat just as it is on it’s own
- If you want to make this salad more filling you can serve it with some rice, quinoa, cauliflower mash or potatoes on the side.
- You can also top it with your favorite protein, fried halloumi, crumbled feta cheese, roasted or fried chickpeas. Just be creative by adding what you like or have at home.
Ingredients for this Half Baked Salad:
- Green leafs
- Button mushrooms
- (Vegan) yoghurt
Other recipes you might like:
- Red Bell Pepper Hummus with Cauliflower Steak & Mediterranean Topping (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Oil Free)
- Shaved Brussel Sprout & Kale Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cauliflower, Carrot & Chickpea Bowl with Roasted Garlic Tahini Yogurt (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain, Nut Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Inspired Noodle Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1 hand full of Green leafs
- 1 Broccoli head cut into smaller florets
- 1/2 Zucchini sliced
- 1/2 Zucchini thinly sliced lenghtwise using a mandolin
- 1/2 Aubergine thinly sliced
- 3 Button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2-1 tbsp Tamari
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp (Vegan) yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Buckwheat, to top
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Fry the aubergine, zucchini slices and mushrooms in tamari until they have softened and are golden brown.
- Meanwhile put green leafs on a plate. Add raw broccoli and mandolin sliced zucchini.
- Mix yoghurt and tahini in a bowl. Set aside.
- When the freid vegetables are done, add them on top of the salad, drizzle with lemon juice and top with buckwheat and cilantro.
- Serve with the tahini yoghurt.