This is a warming, comforting and filling salad bowl that is both quick and easy to make. You only need a few key ingredients to make this delicious bowl and about five minutes to put it together, the rest is taken care of by the oven. Serve this salad bowl for lunch, main course or side dish. It is vegetarian, gluten, grain, nut free and low carb and can easily be made vegan.
Salads are not only to be eaten during spring and summer! Especially not if you make them with roasted vegetables. Using roasted vegetables is an easy way of making a salad more filling, comforting and warming without having to use a lot of ingredients or making it time consuming and complicated. Not only are they easy to make, they’re also very wallet friendly since you can use seasonal vegetables and easy to vary since you really don’t need to use more than 3-4 different types at a time. Make an easy, creamy and fresh dressing to top it with and you have yourself a lovely lunch, dinner or side dish! This salad is made with greek yogurt, but you can make it vegan by using a vegan option instead.
A few tips:
- If possible use small carrots that are equally thick. You don’t want to eat a big thick carrot in a salad. If you only have larger carrots you can cut them in half or quarters depending on their size.
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse and pat dry well to make sure you get a really crispy outside.
- You can make the vegetables in the oven or in an air fryer.
- If making it in the oven it will take 30-40 min and the air fryer will take 15-25 min, depending on the size of the carrots.
- The amount of tahini can be adapted according to taste.
- If you make this salad for meal prep purpose bring the mixed salad, parsley, dressing and furikake seasoning in a separate container. Heat the roasted vegetables in a micro wave or oven then mix with remaining ingredients… but…
- ..This salad is actually delicious to eat cold as well, so you don’t have to reheat the vegetables.
Ingredients for this Roasted Cauliflower, Carrot & Chickpea Bowl with Roasted Garlic Tahini Yogurt:
- Mixed green leaves
- Olive oilk
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Furikake or sesame seeds
- Greek yogurt or Creme fraiche (vegan if desired)
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Beetroot & Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Walnuts (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Mediterranean Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian., Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato & Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Shaved Brussel Sprout & Kale Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Kale Salad with Pears & Blue Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Antioxidant Quinoa Salad (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Warm Kale Salad (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Halloumi Salad Bowl (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Asian Inspired Noodle Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Cauliflower, Carrot & Chickpea Bowl with Roasted Garlic Tahini Yogurt (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain, Nut Free & Low Carb)
- 2-3 hands full of Mixed green leaves
- 1/2 small Cauliflower Cut into florets
- 6-8 small Carrots Washed (peeled if needed)
- 1 (230g) can Chickpeas drained and pat dried
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp Garlic powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh parsley
- Furikake seasoning or sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 3 Garlic cloves peeled
- 1 dl Creme fraiche or greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel carrots if needed, cut cauliflower into smaller pieces, drain and pat dry the chickpeas well. Put everything on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and season with garlic powder, black pepper and sea salt. Place garlic cloves in tinfoil and seal the foil around the garlic cloves. Bake everything in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and golden brown. Stir once after 15-20 minutes.
- When the vegetables are done mash the garlic cloves using a fork until you have a smooth mash. Combine garlic with the rest of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Place mixed salad at the bottom of two plates. Divide the roasted vegetables between the plates, drizzle with dressing and top with fresh parsley and furikake/sesame seeds.