This is a very easy, quick and delicious warm sweet potato salad. This salad is made with just a few easy ingredients and ready in 15 minutes. It is perfect to serve either as a side dish or main course with some chicken, meat, halloumi, tofu or feta cheese. This salad is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free and can easily be made vegan.
Making a delicious, tasty and healthy side dish or salad doesn’t have to be complicated, time-consuming or include lot and lot of different ingredients. This warm roasted sweet potato salad is a great example. You only need five ingredients for the salad and four ingredients for the dressing and 15 minutes to make it. How easy and convenient is that? Even though it is made with just a few ingredients it’s everything but boring or bland. It is a lovely combination of warm, tender roasted sweet potatoes, fresh and crunchy scallion, peppery arugula, crunchy pecan nuts and fresh mint. The dressing is very fresh, light and zesty and adds a wonderful contrast to the warm sweet potatoes. This salad is great to serve as a side dish or make as a main course and top with chicken, meat, halloumi, tofu or feta cheese. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free. It can easily be made vegan by using a vegan yogurt for the dressing.
A few tips:
- Cut the sweet potatoes to equally sized pieces to make sure the baking time is the same for all of them.
- You can make the sweet potatoes either in the oven or in an air fryer. I made mine in the air fryer.
- You can easily swap the pecan nuts for almonds, walnuts, pistachio nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- I would recommend you to serve this salad while the sweet potatoes are warm.
Ingredients for this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad:
- Sweet potatoes
- Pecan nuts
- Fresh mint
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Greek yogurt, quark, plain yogurt
- Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato & Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Chèvre Chaud Mixed Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Kale Salad with Pears & Blue Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Warm Kale Salad (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Shaved Brussel Sprout & Kale Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette (Vegan Gluten, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Basil Sauce (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Smashed Potatoes with Creme Fraiche & Fish Roe
- Soy Marinated Chicken Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Prawn & Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 medium Sweet potato cut into smaller pieces
- 25 g Arugula
- 1/2 Scallion thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp Pecan nuts roughly chopped
- Fresh mint roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
For the dressing
- 1/2 dl Greek yogurt, quark or plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Lemon zest, to taste (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven or your air fryer to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the sweet potatoes and toss in some olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven or air fryer for about 12-15 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are golden brown and soft. The baking time will vary a bit depending on how large pieces you make.
- Meanwhile make the dressing in a small bowl.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready add them to a bowl together with arugula, scallion, chopped pecan nuts and fresh mint. Serve with the lemon dressing.