A hearty and comforting salad mad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and Lentils, served with a creamy cashew honey dressing. This salad is made with five main ingredients and ready to serve in just 25-30 minutes. It is great to eat on it own, top with your favorite protein or serve as a side dish along with your main course. This salad can be made both vegan or vegetarian and is gluten and grain free.
This roasted and hearty salad is made with creamy and tender roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, crunchy lentils, kale and mixed green leaves. It’s served with a creamy and tasty cashew, honey and lemon dressing that can be made mild or slightly spicy depending on your preferences. It can be served with warm roasted veggies coming straight from the oven or prepared in advance and served cold. No matter how you prefer your vegetables this salad is a wonderful combination of tastes, textures and flavors, but also nourishing for your body. It’s hearty and filling enough to eat on its own but can also be topped with your favorite protein or served as a side dish. You can make this salad vegan or vegetarian, depending on the sweetener you choose for the dressing and to keep it mild or make it slightly spicy. This salad is also gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- I prefer to bake my carrots whole for this salad, then dice them just befor serving. You can however dice them right away before roasting them.
- Try to use equally sized carrots to ensure an even baking time.
- Do not use too thick or large carrots. You want them to get ready at the same time as the sweet potatoes and lentils.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into equally sized dices. They should not be too small, you want to get a good bite of the potatoes, but still not too large not fitting in your mouth.
- Use cooked lentils that have had the time to cool down and dry. If your lentils are wet you need to path dry them using a kitchen towel.
- Stir the veggies well in the baking pan making sure all parts are covered with olive oil. You do however not need to use a big amount of oil (unless you want to). They will turn golden brown and caramelized as long as they are well coated.
- Make sure to stir the veggie 1-2 times during the baking time.
- This salad is great to serve both with the veggies warm fresh out of the oven or prepare it in advance and serve with cold veggies.
- The dressing can be made mild or with a bit of heat by adding chili flakes.
Ingredients for this Roasted Sweet Potato, Carrot & Lentil Salad:
- Sweet potatoes
- Cooked lentils
- Sea salt
- Mixed green leaves
- Green kale
- Olive oil
- Cashew butter
- Agave, honey or fiber syrup
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Water (if needed)
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato & Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Chèvre Chaud Mixed Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Kale Salad with Pears & Blue Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Warm Kale Salad (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Shaved Brussel Sprout & Kale Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette (Vegan Gluten, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Feta Cheese & Basil Sauce (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Smashed Potatoes with Creme Fraiche & Fish Roe
- Soy Marinated Chicken Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Prawn & Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Roasted Sweet Potato, Carrot & Lentil Salad (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 large Sweet potato diced
- 4-5 Carrots peeled
- 1 dl Cooked lentils
- Sea salt, to taste
- 100 g Mixed green leaves
- 2-3 stems Kale stem removed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Olive oil
For the dressing
- 3/4 dl Cashew butter
- 1 tbsp Agave, honey or fiber syrup
- 1/2-1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Tamari or soya sauce
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Water, to thin as needed
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or the Air Fryer to 180.
- Peel the carrots (keep them whole), dice the sweet potatoes and put in an oven safe baking dish together with the cooked lentils. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil and sea salt. Stir and combine well. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or in the air fryer for approximately 18-20 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile remove the stem from the kale and divide the kale into smaller pieces. Place in a small bowl, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice. Massage the kale, making sure the olive oil and lemon juice covers all parts of the kale.
- Divide mixed greens and kale between two bowls.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- When the veggies are done, remove from the oven and divide between the two bowls. Serve together with the cashew honey dressing.