Battered Apple Rings are a delicious hybrid of classic pancakes and apple pancakes. They are very easy to make, only require a few key ingredients and will be appreciated by everyone. Serve them for breakfast, brunch or as an afternoon snack. These apple pancake rings are gluten, dairy and sugar free.
Pancakes are a breakfast and brunch classic. But also a nice afternoon snack, sweet treat ot dessert alternative. They can as you know be made in so many different versions, with different flavorings and add-ins. But you can also make pieces of fruit covered in pancake batter as a fun, easy and delicious twist to the more classic pancakes. Have you ever tried it? If you haven’t you’re in for a treat! Imagine a sweet, warm and soft yet still slightly firm apple slice with a fluffy and delicious pancake batter around. If you love pancakes and you love apples, these pancake batter covered apple slices are a must try. They are both easy to make, taste amazing and is a perfect way to include some extra fruits in your meal. These pancakes are always appreciated by both adults and kids. The best thing is that you can make an apple pancake ring stack for breakfast topped with your favorite breakfast toppings, eat them as an afternoon snack just as they are or serve for dessert with some ice cream, whipped cream or yogurt.
A few tips:
- Use firm apples to that they don’t become too mushy or soft after you’ve fried them.
- I used one of my favorite oat flour based pancakes batter to make them, but used a little less water and milk than usual to make sure the batter doesn’t become too runny. You want the batter to stick to the apple slices while frying them.
- You can of course use any pancakes batter to make these apple pancake rings. But a good idea is to use a little less liquid than you have in your regular pancake batter.
- I prefer using two nonstick pans when frying them, just to speed up the frying time.
- If you use one pan I would recommend you to store the fried buttered apple rings in the oven on low heat to keep them warm while you fry the remaining ones.
Ingredients for these Battered Apple Rings:
- Oat flour
- Milk (I used dairy free)
- Granulated sweetener (optional)
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Battered Banana Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Scrambled Sweet Potato Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Dutch Baby with Pears (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
- Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Diary & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar & Grain Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Pancake Breakfast Cereal
Battered Apple Rings (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- 2 Apples cored and sliced
- 1 Egg whisked
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Water
- 1/4 dl Milk (I used dairy free)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Granulated sweetener, to taste (optional)
- A pinch of Salt
- Coconut oil, to fry
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Combine egg, oat flour, water, milk, salt, cinnamon and sweetener (if using) in a bowl and whisk until smooth or add the ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until smooth and combined.
- Core and slice the apples into equally thick slices.
- Dip apple slices in batter, then add to the hot pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Do not stir or try to flip too early to prevent the batter from breaking.
- Repeat until all apple slices are fried.