This recipe is for a delicious, nutritious and healthy Banana Dutch Baby. This banana dutch baby only requires a few staple ingredients,five minutes of your time and is ready to serve in just 20 minutes. Serve it for breakfast, brunch or afternoon snack. This banana dutch baby is both gluten and sugar free.
Dutch babies have become a favorite of mine lately, both sweet as well as savory once. They’re so easy to make and vary and can be served with so many different toppings and add ins. I really love a classic dutch baby, but this time I wanted to try a version that is more nutritious, healthy and filling, hence I made this banana dutch baby. This dutch baby is just as easy to make as a regular one, but is more nutritious and healthier than a regular one. It is made with banana, that makes it both more filling and provides sweetness, eggs just like a regular one, oat flour to make it more nutritious and gluten free and quark to add some protein to it as well. This banana dutch baby is perfect to serve both for breakfast, brunch, lunch or as an afternoon snack. It can easily be varied by swapping the raspberries for any other berries or fruits that you’re in the mood for. This banana dutch baby is both gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- When making this dutch baby make sure to preheat the oven and skillet until really hot before baking the dutch baby.
- Use a ripe banana since it provides both sweetness and moist to the dutch baby.
- Make sure to mash the banana well before adding it to the batter, there should be no big lumps left.
- The amount of sugar can be adjusted according to taste depending on how sweet you prefer your dutch baby. The banana adds sweetness hence taste the batter before adding more sugar to check if its needed.
- Bake the dutch baby just until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- You can use also make this dutch baby plain or add any other berries or fruits that you like or prefer.
Ingredients for this Banana Dutch Baby:
- Ripe banana
- Oat flour
- Baking powder
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar & Grain Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Guten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Dutch baby with Figs & Feta Cheese (Gluten Free)
Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 dl Quark
- 1 Ripe banana mashed
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- A pinch of Salt
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1-3 tbsp Stevia granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 dl Raspberries
- Coconut oil, for the skillet
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius. Place the iron skillet in the oven with some coconut oil in it and let it get hot while you prepare the batter.
- Mix eggs until a little fluffy.
- Add the quark, mashed banana and stevia vanilla drops and mix again.
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to a bowl and stir to combine. Add little by little to the batter and mix until combined. Taste to check if you prefer it sweeter and add stevia granulated sugar according to taste.
- Add the raspberries and fold in.
- Take out the iron skillet from the oven and pour the batter to the pan. Place back in the oven and bake for 16-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
7 thoughts on “Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)”