This is a healthier version of a classic dutch baby pancake. This dutch baby is both gluten and sugar free made with oat flour and sweetened with stevia. This is a perfect breakfast or brunch recipe that can be eaten on your own or shared with others. It’s really easy to make, just mix the ingredients using a blender and put it in the oven to get ready.
This was my first time making a dutch baby… I’ve been wanting to try them for a very long time, but I just have been procrastinating it. Maybe because I wasn’t sure if it would turn out good making it gluten and sugar free. But I really loved it. It doesn’t rise as much as a wheat flour one, but it sure tastes delicious. And it brings me back to when I was little, and my mom used to make something similar. But she made it in the pan on the stove, not using the oven. It was my favorite weekend breakfast and lunch, and I always nagged her until she made me one. The best part was always the crispy edges. So I ate it from the middle and out to save the best for last. Anyways, back to this dutch baby. This oat flour version taste very similar to the one my mom used to make, so I really fell in love with it and will be making it over and over again. Next time Im going to experiment with some other flours as well. If you prefer to make this one using regular flour, that should work fine as well.
Ingredients for this Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries:
- Oat flour
- Milk (I used almond, but any milk will do)
- Stevia granular sugar
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Fresh fig (optional)
- Coconut flakes
Other recipes you might like:
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluon & Sugar Free)
- Pancake Breakfast Cereals
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten & Sugar Free, Low Fat)
Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the dutch baby
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Milk (I used almond milk, but any milk will do)
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 tbsp Stevia granular sugar
- 2-3 drops Stevia vanilla drops or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp Coconut oil
For the topping
- 100 g Blackberries
- 100 g Raspberries
- 1-2 Fresh figs (optional)
- 1/2 dl Yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven and oven safe pan on the middle rack in the oven on 225 degrees Celsius.
- Add all ingredients for the dutch baby in a blender and blend for 10-15 seconds. Scrape the sides and blend for another 10 seconds. The batter will be quite loose.
- When the oven and pan is preheated remove the pan from the oven using oven mitts and place on the stove.
- Add the coconut oil and let it melt. Make sure it distributs all over the pan.
- Pour the batter to the pan, making sure you have an even layer.
- Place the pan back in the oven and let it bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. This dutch baby will not rise as much as a wheat flour one.
- Serve immediately with fresh berries, yogurt and coconut flakes.
9 thoughts on “Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)”