This is a recipe for making spring rolls as a dessert. It’s a fun and new way of making spring rolls. These spring rolls are made using autumn and winter fruits, and are the perfect snack or dessert to serve if you want to create something different, fresh and delicious. These spring rolls are easy to adapt according to fruit preferences, allergies and availability.
We all know the savory spring rolls that are served as appetizers or main course. But have you ever tried making sweet spring rolls to serve as a snack or dessert? Well, if not it’s about time! I’ve made them several times, and they are always very appreciated. There are endless varieties and things to put in them. These dessert spring rolls are filled with autumn and winter fruits, nuts and seeds and dried fruit.
Autumn and winter feels like a long holiday where the sweets just keep on lining up. No matter how delicious all the sweets might be I feel that it really is too much at time. I just want to eat something fresh, light and healthy. That’s when these fresh dessert spring rolls come into the picture. They’re perfect to serve when you want something sweet and fun. They’re healthy, they’re sugar free and they’re refreshing. You can use any fruits, nuts, seeds you like, just choose the fruits you’re in the mood for. What I try to think of when pairing fruits, nuts and seeds is to combine different textures, tastes and sizes. That makes them more interesting and fun.
Inspiration for the fillings and pairing:
- Pear & Pomegranate
- Fresh Fig & Walnuts
- Apple, Fresh Dates & Cinnamon
- Plums & Pistachio Nuts
- Persimmon & Pumpkin Seeds
Ingredients for these Fresh Dessert Spring Rolls with Autumn & Winter Fruits:
- Rice paper
- Fresh fig
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pistachio nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Nut butter
- Fiber syrup/honey/agave
- Sugar free Nutella
Other recipes you might like:
- Breakfast Popsicles
- Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar Free)
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Fresh Dessert Spring Rolls with Autumn & Winter Fruits (Vegan)
For the spring rolls
- 10 Rice papers
- 1 Fresh fig sliced
- 1 Persimmon sliced into thin wedges
- 1 Plum pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/2 Pear thinly sliced
- 1/2 Apple thinly sliced
- 2 Dates pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tbsp Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
For the dip sauces
- 2-3 tbsp Nut butter
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup, honey or agave
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar free nutella
- Prepare all the fruits by pitting and slicing them and adding them into small bowls.
- Also prepare the nuts, seeds and dates.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip one rice paper into the hot water for a few seconds for it to soften.
- In a row across the center place the fruit and nuts according to my pairing suggestions or according to your own preferences.
- Leave about 1 cm on each side uncovered. Fold the uncovered sides inward and then tightly roll the rice paper.
- Repeat until you have rolled all your rice papers.
- Add nut butter, fiber syrup/agave or honey and nutella in small bowls and serve along with the spring rolls.