This recipe is for easy, quick, delicious and nutritious Gingerbread Pancakes. This recipe only calls for a few staple ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. These pancakes are perfect to serve for breakfast, brunch, lunch or as a sweet afternoon treat. They are both gluten and refined sugar free.
Christmas and winter is for me strongly associated with long cozy breakfasts and brunches with lots of delicious food. And pancakes are of course a given part of a winter breakfast or brunch! Pancakes are so great to make since you can vary them endlessly with different seasonings and add ins, but are very easy to make and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like a good stack of pancakes. These pancakes are one of my all time favorites! Just because I love love love the taste of gingerbread. These gingerbread pancakes feel both Christmasy and wintery, with a warming and cozy taste due to all the spices. They are made with oat flour, eggs, yogurt and milk/water, so they are both delicious and healthy at the same time. You can serve these pancakes with lingonberries (as I did here), with you favorite jam, whipped cream, Greek yogurt, syrup or why not ice cream. They are perfect to make for both breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon snack. And they are both gluten and refined sugar free, and can easily be made dairy free.
A few tips:
- I love using a high speed blender when making my pancake batter, since you only need to add all ingredients and then mix for 30 seconds.
- I use two frying pans when making my pancakes to reduce the frying time.
- I prefer to keep the fried pancakes in a warm oven to prevent them from getting cold.
- The amount of gingerbread spice can be adjusted according to how strong gingerbread taste you prefer.
- I used molasses in my pancakes, but that is optional.
- If you prefer you pancakes sweeter then you can add some sugar to the batter.
Ingredients for these Gingerbread Pancakes:
- Oat flour
- Water or milk
- Plain yogurt (semi thick)
- Vanilla extract
- Gingerbread spice
- Molasses (optional)
- Baking powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Pancake Breakfast Cereal
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar & Grain Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Gingerbread Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 dl Oat flour
- 2 dl Water or milk
- 3/4-1 dl Plain yogurt (a semi thick one)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp Gingerbread spice
- 1-2 tsp Molasses (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat one or two nonstick pans over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Preheat the oven to 50-75 degrees Celsius (optional), to keep the pancakes warm while you fry the whole batter.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Use about 3/4 dl of batter for each pancake. I fry 3 pancakes at a time in one pan, and usually use two pans to make it quicker.
- Place the fried pancakes in the oven meanwhile frying the rest of the batter.
- Serve with lingonberries, your favorite jam, whipped cream, Greek yogurt or anything else that you like to eat with your pancakes.
One thought on “Gingerbread Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)”