This recipe is for delicious, creamy and tasty Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese. You only need a five main ingredients and five minutes to prepare this dish, the rest is taken care of by the oven. Serve these baked sweet potato halves as a main course or side dish. They are both vegetarian and gluten free.
Sweet potatoes have become one of my all time favorite foods over the last two years. They are so versatile, easy to pare, easy to prepare and just so wonderful and delicious. I love to use them in salads, making a sweet potato toast instead of using regular bread, make side dishes like sweet potato chips or pizzas, eating them for main course, but also to use them for sweet breakfasts/sweet treats and also baking. I always have it at home and and they always come handy. This dish is for creamy, delicious and flavorful baked sweet potato halves topped with feta cheese, pomegranate seeds and scallion. This dish is a mix of warm creamy sweet potatoes, savory melted and soft feta cheese, crunchy and fresh pomegranate seeds and crunchy scallion. This dish is really to serve both as a side dish to your main course or to make it as a main course itself. This dish is both vegetarian and gluten free.
A few tips:
- Use equally sized sweet potatoes to make sure the baking time is the same for all the halves.
- I prefer my sweet potatoes less greasy so I only brush them with a little olive oil. But you can add as much or little olive oil as you like or prefer (or skip it).
- Bake the sweet potatoes just until almost tender and cooked through, then add the feta cheese and bake for another 5-8 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are fully baked and the feta cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- This dish can be served both warm and cold, but I prefer to serve it warm.
Ingredients for these Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese:
- Sweet potatoes
- Feta cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Olive oil (optional)
- Sea salt
- Cilantro (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Tray Roasted Vegetables with Baked Feta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potato Fries & Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Baked Sweet Potato with Roasted Chickpeas & Yogurt Tahini Dressing (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 2 medium sized Sweet potatoes cut in half
- 1/2-1 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Scallion (both white and green parts) thinly sliced
- Olive oil (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cilantro, to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and brush with some olive oil (if using).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Add crumbled feta cheese on top of the sweet potato halves and bake for another 5-8 minutes. Until the sweet potatoes are soft and the feta cheese is brown and has melted.
- Take out of the oven and top with pomegranate seeds, thinly sliced scallion and cilantro (if using).
7 thoughts on “Baked Sweet Potato Halves with Feta Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)”